• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Old Fishing Reports!

was out on pulaski tonight and managed only 1 walleye. we were able to catch a lot of fish but a lot of them were sunfish or rockbass.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• Kyle Sandberg

• walleyeking19

• jigginjim

K Dawg, I stayed out until a little after 10. I only caught 1 eye, went shallow caught a few smaller fish. Released every thing, just nice to catch a few fish. Looking to catch a few panfish, deep pannies can be few on lite tackle. I'm using 3lb test on jiggin rods.

The one thing I have noticed about Pulaski walleye is that there are a lot of different size fish. So far this year I've caught- 12,14,15.5,16,18.5,19.5,20.5,22. A very diverse fishery. I believe that lake must have some natural repoduction.

I've caught lots of 12" and 15" walleyes. i'm guessing those are from the DNR stocking them. but the others must be from natural reproduction.

Made it out this morning to Pulaski. I'm surprised how many people are out there before sun up. What really ticked me off is around 5:30, there was a 20' foot ski boat pulling a skier. Come on. You got the rest of the day. For fish, everything was willing to bite. We only got 1 walleye, my dad's first from that lake, a chunky 15. We caught everything from sunnys to northerns. Missed a lot of toothy critters as well judging by the state of our leeches.

K Dawg

Quote:

What really ticked me off is around 5:30, there was a 20' foot ski boat pulling a skier. Come on. You got the rest of the day.

They might have been thinking the same thing about people fishing. Its public water and they have just as much of a right to ski as you do to fish.

I thought when I read through the boater regs that recreactional boats (skiers tubers) must be off the water 1 hour prior to sundown or sunrise. I'll double check and post.

You are correct, I just looked and its on page 34. The can not ski from 1 hour after sunset to sunrise. I am not a skier, but assumed that if it was light enough to ski, they could do it. Sorry, I guess you had every right to be ticked off.

Yea, I understand how it sounds but it's just trying to enjoy a peacfull morning without having a speed boat blow by you. Anyone know who to call and report people that break the law in this manner?

Looking for a couple ideas on bass spots on pulaski. I know it's clear and judging from the amount of recreation I'd probably have to fish deep. Just wondering if anyone could point me in a direction. Haven't fished it since early last summer and that day I got chased off my a thunderstorm after only boating two small bass worming on the east shore near docks. thanks...

Try the Northwest corner in about 20ft. There are some stumps down there. You might want to use a steel leader because you will catch tons of norterns.

You can call the police. i've had to call them because their was a boat playing their music really loud at 5 in the morning. they came out and we talked to them and they said they will look for them later.

Fever, deep weedlines will produce during the day. NW corner is good as well as any quiet shoreline (not much structure to concentrate the fish). There is a finger that comes out of the east shore about 1/2 up the lake. Could try that if the wind is blowing into it. Also try around the sunken island. It holds fish but I never seen anyone target them around there.

To cover water, Use spinnerbaits. Fish the west side from the park north. You can also fish the deep weedlines.

If you fish the sunken Island you'll get several small bass. (10-13") The north end has bigger fish.

Thanks for all the help. Once again... Get this. My partner borrowed his boat out to a friend who took it up north for the week. (Nice thing to do) BUT, this puts him and I in a perdicament.... For league night we will be forced to fish out of my 1969 14 foot alumacraft with my Tohatsu 8 horse, no live well (Cooler with ice I guess) and a jimmy rigged bow mount trolling motor... Now, we've won this league the last two weeks, can't wait to see the looks on the guys faces when Brian and I are sitting nice and low with my sweet ride... Should be interesting. Hope the lake that gets drawn isn't too big either. smirk.gif

Was out on Lake Sylvia for the first time today.Wow talk about clear water.I could see weeds right down to 15 feet.Caught a few snot rockets and dink bass.Nothing to write home about.I left my dash lights on from the previous week so my starting battery was dead.Got a boost at the dock but it let me down again behind the island.Lots of bass in the weeds there so I wasn't too disappointed.I came across the lake with my trolling motor and ran my spinnerbait way behind the boat and darn if I didn't catch a small Largemouth in 67 feet of water. Must have been partying with the Eyes i guess.

was out on pulaski this morning and we had the whole lake to ourselves. we didn't catch any walleyes just a northern, bass and then some sunfish.

Fever, I have fished several tournies (years back) with my 14 ft crestliner. Trolling motor on the back, with a FL8 flasher. I still would be in the top 5.

So don't sell yourself short.

was out on pulaski again last night with a friend from texas. he caught his first ever crappie which was 12" long. I was able to get a 4# bass. Thats all we were able to get the whole time.

Any word on Washington? Might be fishing it tonight at 6. Looking for suggestions for Bass. 100% catch release. Washington is the only lake on our list that I have not already fished this summer so It's been over a year since I've been the water. Did well early in the summer near the culvert but on the Stella side. How much water is in that culvert? Any help would be sweet. Later FMers! Gotta go Paint for a bit. smirk.gif

Was out to Twin today with my brother. We must have caught 40 fish in the 3 hours that we were out there. There was noone on the lake, which was a nice and relaxing day. We found alot of fish, just didnt find alot. We has 4 fish that were over 16 inches, and one that went 3.9. It was a fun day. Nice and relaxing.

Went bass fishing on Sunday at an area lake. First time since bass opener that I targeted the Largemouths. We went out to Top Secret lake near Annendale and did quite well. Couldn't get much going of the normal spinnerbaits and topwaters so I switched to a Tube. The fish were right under the docks. Skipping Tubes under the boat docks was the ticket. We caught about 20 Bass in four hours or so and missed just as many. Here is the first big one of the day, 18"

p1010338lc1.th.jpg

And an 19incher too. I thought I snagged a carp or something. Havent caught a Largmouth this big in a while laugh.gif

p1010339am0.th.jpg

Proof that Catch and Release pays off wink.gif

i was out on pulaski for a couple of hours tonight. managed a whopping 1 sunfish in 32ft of water. i bet at least a dozen times my bobber went down a couple of feet but when i set the hook and nothing was there. Guess it just wasn't my night smirk.gif

I was out on howard lake tonight with my bro. We managed to get a few on the jig, but nothing else. That lake is horrible with weeds right now. Along with the fact that the lake is so green its crazy. I know there is alot of pigs in that lake, just a matter of finding them. We found a few, which made it for a fun time.

I was out there too prefishing for a league on Monday. I do have a few fish working. smile.gif I'm not posting details though for obvious reasons. laugh.gif

I hit howard this morning prefishing for league as well. Found a couple spots that were holding alot of fish. No takers but I really think that spot will produce so I marked it on the GPS. I only gave it a few min anyway due to time constrants. Hit another spot that is one of my favorites and has produced well in the past (very weed choked) threw the big Jig-n-plastic and had a nice fat 18 incher take it on the very first flip. I had two others hit my jig and make short runs but I did'nt set the hook and they spit it. Didn't want to burn the spot. All in all spent two hours there and feel real good about my chances of hooking into some pigs when it's money time. There are alot of hogs in that lake if you know where to go. I was the only boat on the lake. grin.gif