• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
wallyfisher

How's the fishing?

wallyfisher

The boys are I are going to be up on Wed, wondering how the fishing has been on Kab/Namakan. Just wondering if anyone is catching and if you'll pass on any trade secrets to us.

Thanks

guts

wallyfisher, shallow bite on the West end of Kab, and a deep water bite, 40'+ on the East end of Kab and Nam.

Live bait seems best, shallow anglers pitching jigs, deep water anglers using jig and minnow and some action on slip sinker rigs. Leeches and crawlers just catchin on.

Weater outlook looks cool and wet, dress accordinly.

good luck, guts

bman

Guts is right on with the info. Some fish shallow, pitching jigs and slips for us. Should be getting better every day it blows steady for shallow water. Some smaller ones down deep on jigs and minnows. Then we had a few in between depths.

Good luck

overdalimit

Guts have you heard on if the shiners are still running in Tom Cod Bay?

guts

Pretty rocky weather, 1"+ of rain last night. The last I heard the shiners were in but that was a few days ago, I question if they are still running. Guys still nailing all spieces of fish in shallow water though. guts

overdalimit

I will be back up friday night for the weekend. I am thinking about trying some places like the bays behind killian island. I have heard that they are still in as little as 4 foot as of wednesday maybe a slip bobber in shallow? Also did some drop shot fishing at a lake down here on tuesday night with some sucess. Perhaps I will try that over by the sisters...

wallyfisher

Just got back today. Bad storm on Thurs was not good for the bite. Seemed like they were ready to start hitting again last night. Had some luck by Wolf Is. on Wed, but all to big to keep. Really nice fish.

Thanks for your help fellas.

echotrail

Wallyfisher: About what time on Thursday did the storms come through? We left Thursday morning after hearing the forecast for all day thunderstorms, wind, hail etc. and we were leaving Friday morning anyhow. By the time we got to Virginia the sky was clearing and we thought we made a wrong decision. We got our 2 person limit, but worked long hours over two days to do it. Rainbows worked best, crawlers were getting some also.

MissouriJeff

We were camping up there from wed-sun. On thursday the storms did not really start until about 7pm. We had rain showers here and there all day but the rain, windand hail did not start till late and lasted all night long. Friday and Saturday were both beautiful days to fish.

MissouriJeff

Also found a new spot that we really enjoyed. The experienced fishers will probaly know it already but here it goes. Hammer Bay south in the cove to the portage for O'Leary lake, because we had a couple of preteen boys with us we hit the weeds for Northern Pike and struck Gold I think in a 2 hour span we caught close to 15 fish 5 over 30". For a Missouri boy it was heaven.

wallyfisher

We were on Kab, storm hit early afternoon. Thunder, lightening, didn't see any hail. At the resort on Ash River they said they had 3-4 inches of rain.

beeonkey

Just returned well last Sunday, I have not had any time to sit and type or read anything up. We were there from Sunday the 8th to the 17th and fishing was good but size was hard to keep consistent. We were on the East end of Namakan for the most part. Walleyes were not hard to catch with spinners and a crawler in the morning and evening, couldn’t hardly find them in the mid day. So we would cast the islands and bays and had no problem catching smallies and northern. Spinner baits, twitch baits, DT-10’s it really didn’t matter you could catch fish all day. The walleyes were small but the good keepers were in with them if you kept at it. Last Sat. the eye’s really seem to be coming on and better size 14-16 ½ inchers consistant and had to throw back 20-21 inchers. Water temps are coming up beginning of the week high 50’s Sunday high 60’s low 70’s. The water levels are to me normal it came up 12-14 inches the week before and about 3” last week. I think that really messed with the fishing, and where the fish are. We could catch fish in 1 to 32 feet of water. I know that doesn’t narrow much down but was the truth. Leach bite was not there, crawlers and crank baits worked for us.

Hope this helps anyone going up soon. I plan to be back later this week for a few more days.