• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Contact Us Please?

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

What's with the (Contact Us Please) that comes up ever once in a while in somebody's post??

It usually means that said a naughty word. That is what takes place of the "bad" word.

That's (contact us please) funny right there Chem. I laughed my (contact us please) off.

It helps to keep this a Family site. It is done automatically it is done through a word filter.

Well it must not work right all of the time, because I answered a guys post and told him about Bear Head Lake and it came out as (contact us please).

It works off of certian sequences of letters that normally make up swear words or words that tend to be assocaited with derogatory comments, its not pefect but it does work well in protecting the young eyes that veiw these pages.

Hmmm. Lets see; are these the same "young eyes" that watch incredibly tacky prime time TV, rap videos and disgusting movies?

I think the "filter" is set a little too tight and find it childish and silly. Most folks who visit this site know better than to get totally vulgar here. confused.gif

I don't see why " childish and silly ".

Filter does a great job. Without it us (moderators) should read each individual post and correct it accordingly, a huge loss of time and efforts.

Most forums have these filters in place, I've seen other that doesn't and I feel very uncomfortable.

This Forum is a family oriented site and will do all it can to keep it in such condition