• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Day Of Fishin'

Despite the goofed up weather that keeps spinning over us and creating some heavy rains, the fishing today was the best I've had thus far this year.

Jigs and leeches yet again today. I did try jigs & minnows, but that only caught the "other" species of fish. Once I switched back to leeches, I was connecting with walleyes again. Don't know why it worked out that way, but I wasn't about to beat a dead horse even deader by continuing on with minnows. tongue.gif

11 walleyes today which I and my 4yr old son helped me catch. Most were 13" - 14" which I released, and I also released a 22" and a 21", but I did keep a 15" and 2 - 18.5" fish for the fry pan.

We bugged out just in time today to drive ahead of the rain. grin.gif

As with all the lakes I've fished this year, the walleyes came on the outside weedline.

That does sound like a good day. On a local Hutch lake again? wink.gif

I made it out yesterday and got home just before they sounded the tornado sirens. Caught some fish and they seemed to prefer leeches too, but they puked up minnows in the livewell. Go figure.

Yep! You know the one. wink.gif

Same happened with the fish I had in the livewell. One puked up a small perch and the other a small sunfish. Not sure why they wouldn't take the minnows. Lookin' for variety in their diet I guess. tongue.gif

Caught a couple keeper walleyes on an area lake on leeches on saturday. 10' of water at 5 in the afternoon. A bit strange but I'll take it.

Leeches & 'eyes haven't been strange for me this year. Every single 'eye I've caught this year has come using a leech.

I just meant that it was strange they in that shallow still.