• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tom M, and I went out today and the fish came out to play. We must have cought 25-30 Walleyes. None over 16". 7 or 8 Northerns, all over 22" and one that was 32". A 28" Bowfin (Dogfish) which we should have wighted and a 17" White Bass. All fish came from 7-9 FOW trolling at 3+mph. The 32" northern Pike was cought while trolling at 3mph and I was reeling in fast to check my crankbait for weeds. There were no weeds on the crankbait only fish grin.gif.

My neighbor said he cought a 31" Northern today also. So I say; It was a good day.

Awesome! Wish mine was that good today! No eyes, and only a few bass n perch.

All the Eyes were over flat gravel bottom near weed with deep water close by. I know it was gravel because my crankbait could bang bottom with out picking up weeds and moss in the areas where the eyes were. Oh yea! I almost forgot. The wind was blowing into the weeds in the areas where the Walleye's were. Oh it is so nice to have 10-15mph winds grin.gif. That 20-30mph stuff is getting tiresome frown.gif.

I tend to find Bass and Perch on the calmer side of the weeds/lake. Look to areas where the wind has been pounding shallow water, main lake point, sunken rock piles and such.

Remember, Speed and depth, Speed and depth, Speed and depth. Yes, I just watched the end of The Wizzard of OZ confused.gif.