• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shore fishing the St. Croix

ZDavidMiller

I fishi the St. Croix from shore right in Stillwater by the drawbridge. What sort of a setup and where should I fish if I am looking to get into walleyes this time of the year.

Zachary Miller

Well, if I were you, I'd try slip bobbering just above the bottom with a Red hook & a Leech.

I'm sure you'll get tons of other good ideas from fellow FM'ers too.

Give the slip bobber, Red hook & Leech, cast out in a big matrix, cover a good sized area and let us know how ya do...

Good luck!

You can also try across the river under the draw bridge. With floating jighead and minnow or leech.

I will give it a whirl. I usually pull a lindy rig with a crawler right off of the pavilion, I haven't caught anything but sheepshead and white bass. One sheepshead hit 24". Anyway I will let you know how I do.

Zachary Miller

Try focusing on the area just upstream from the pavilion where it curves into the river. That's where the Mulberry Point spring outlet was. It used to boil up until the Corps redid the river front. I haven't been there with the boat thermometer to see if it's still cooler temp lately. Anyway it still gets hit hard from boat fisherman.

Also try the Bayport area there is a park with plenty of shoreline access near Anderson Point.

Good Luck,

Ferny