• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

While Blackduck Lake continues to provide good walleye action, the last few days folks are finding that the panfish bite on many lakes is going really well also. I only managed to hit the lake last night for about an hour before the rain hit, but had a good time reeling in some good size sunnies. Casting in towards the reeds along the shore, bobber fishing with a jig tipped with waxworms worked well for me, and outfished leeches by quite a bit.

Today was a pretty calm one so some of our guests went for the sunnies and did well, while others headed to Upper Red Lake and they not only reeled in their walleye, but I've seen some limits of some good size slab crappies come through here today. Best action was slip bobber fishing in 4-5 feet of water with a jig tipped with a shiner in 4-5 feet of water. Hopefully the weather gods will continue to shine upon us throughout the weekend and we can get some time in on Red too!

• 2 weeks later...

The fishing this week has continued to be very good, and our guests have really seemed to be spreading out and some folks are trying some lakes that they've never hit and are getting good action all the way around, from perch to pike. We've also had the opportunity to hit different lakes this week with good results.

Blackduck Lake has continued to do well with the walleye action, although the action the last few days has been better in the early morning and later evening (where we were getting some pretty decent action in the late afternoon before). Still the same thing, working the bars in the 8-16' depths, with a spinner and a leech although a couple used just a plain hook tipped with a leech and slow trolled yesterday and they not only reeled in their limits of walleye, but a half dozen perch, and a couple of sunfish. The northern bite has been pretty consistant the last couple of days also.

Upper Red continued to give out a good walleye bite in the 5'-8' depths this week. We had some good action earlier in the week north of the river while bobber fishing with a jig tipped with a leech, and also got some walleyes while trying to troll for pike in 4' depths using a white bionic bucktail!

Panfish action has continued to go very well at several different lakes in the Blackduck area, getting up into the weedbeds, bobber fishing with a jig tipped with waxworms producing the best numbers of sunfish, and a few crappies. But the best for crappies has been in the early evening, throwing a jig tipped with a minnow or small leech into the weedbeds. Some of our guests have also had a fairly decent pike bite has been, reeling some northerns in while hitting the lakes closeby, and those out trying some of the lakes yesterday were reeling in walleye from 13-20", with a spinner and a leech. There are so many lakes in all directions of us with so many different types of fish, it's been good to see folks venturing to different lakes and getting into some fish!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just heading up to the cabin tonight in Blackduck with the wife and curious if the walleyes were still biting on Blackduck? We just want to catch some fish so if they are biting on another lake or the panfish are going it would be much appreciated if I could find out depth, presentation and lake.

Thanks in advance!!

Comp problems the last couple of days..sorry to not respond. So how did it go for you folks? Blackduck last night was pretty slow for us, few c & r perch, but not much luck on the eyes, since the temps are 90 today think we'll just stick inside...good thing about living up here you can pick your days! Been hearing some good reports on Gull Lake just down the road, and talked to a group who fished Island earlier in the week and did well with eyes, and for the most part, it's been leeches on a lindy doing a troll on the area lakes in search for eyes. Panfish bite is still going good at most of the lakes, with good numbers of sunnies and crappies being caught, still bobber fishing with a jig tipped with waxies throwing into the weeds along shoreline.

Drake;

I just got off the phone with a couple of my buddies who had just gotten home from a stay at your place. They couldn't say enough good things about their stay and the good fishing you put them on. I was supposed to be with them but could not make it, bummer. They were very impressed with their accomodations and with the helpful advice you gave them as to where to fish. They(we) will definately be back next June. Keep up the good work. Old Sneller

I just heard about that Walley tourney on Blackduck lake for Sat. How can a guy get in on that one. If it is not too lake when you get this give me a call.

WCT~Wow! Thanks! Now you've got me wondering who it was! But glad they had a good stay and that the starting points on where to fish worked out! Thanks again!

Wiskers, sorry that didn't work out, but glad the bait store called me back to let me know. Let me know if you end up just giving the Duck a whirl anyways and how you do!

Sorry Drake, I should have been more specific. The group to which I refered is the Denny Hergert party. We've all been friends for years and get together a couple times per year for some fishing, this time I couldn't make it but will be with them next year, when I'm sure we will be back at your place. Old Sneller

Drake, We are thinking of camping this weekend at the campground on Blackduck lake. It has been years since I have even been there. What can you tell me about it? Not sure even what the name is. If you could help out with a number and info would be great. We have a group that wants to go there for the weekend. I think it is by the golf course, right?

thanks

Wiskers, yes it is just North of the access, you use the same road, but instead of driving into the lake you hang a right and go over the bridge and you are there. Not sure who to call, but I am sure Drake will let you know! Pack you snells, crawlers and leeches! grin.gif

The name of the campground is Pine Tree Park and it's city owned. The number for the City of Blackduck is 218-835-4803. Like Woodman said, pack the leeches and the crawlers, and if you venture to some of the other lakes in the area for panfish waxies are still what they are going after. Good luck!