• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whats working on the big pond?

Heading up tomorrow an was wondering whats been happening as far as presentations, leeches, crawlers, monnows, jigs, colors, ect. Any info on what you guys have been doing to put kawalskies in the boat will be greatly appreciated. Thanks boar.

Boar, I fished out of Long Point last weekend and what worked best for us was 3/8 oz jigs tipped with a frozen shiner. Color didn't matter too much but our best colors were a white glow/chartruse/green/orange jig head or a white glow/pink/purple jig head. Not sure where you are heading out from. Also, this time of year, pulling spinners tipped with crawlers, leaches or minnows works well too. I usually use metallic color blades(i.e. silver, gold, copper) when I fish spinners, but green and orange can work too. Good luck and post how you do. I am sure some others will post some other tips and tricks.

Hey Boar,

Have heard from many that the Lighthouse Gap arera has been hot. Don't care for the K-Mart parking lot myself so went over to Zipple area to play on the rocks a bit. Fish were active on vertical green and gold mettalic jig & leech (my fav.)and caught more & bigger than others with other presentations.

Good Luck!

Doug glad to see you are still kicking. How has the river been by your establishment? Looking at doing a long weekend pretty soon.

Terry

Hey Swabby,

Haven't spent much time on the river lately but when I did, the only way I could catch eyes was to anchor and jig. Can't really understand why 'cause there is hardly any current anyway.

Had some fun throwing spinners for smallies a couple of times. Biggest so far was 19.5".

Take care,

Thanks guy for the intel. Sunday waas the best od three days, with five fish between 21.5" an 27" all before we hooked a keeper on South tip Buff. Had on a fish bigger than the 27" Never saw her but the weight was much more. Limited out by noon an home we go. Hammered copper an leeches put bigger fish in pot. Later guys boar