• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Doop

Winona 4 bass and northerns

Doop

Hello guys,

My buddy and I will be coming up to Winona Saturday for some bass and northerns. Has anyone been out lately or could possibly give a report on fishing or water conditions?

winona walleye

small mouth are stacked on the wings dams, flukes and topwater are working very well if they aren.y crushing topwater cranks will catch the deeper ones

Doop

Winona Walleye--

Thanks...I really appreciate your info. Coming up from Texas I have no way of knowing what's going on with the River! lol Has it muddied up with the rain lately?

Again...thank you very much!

winona walleye

hey no problem.... rain has really no effect on clarity as of wed ill be out 2morro morning and let you know how we do...id be glad to answer any questions you have

Doop

Hey there,

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Shoot me an email when you get in from this morning!

[email protected]

winona walleye

k so turns out i didnt end up goin out this morn, buddy never woke up but tomorrow morn im goin out by myself ill let you know

Doop

Finally made it back to Texas after a couple weeks up in God's country! My buddy and I stayed on a houseboat on Latch Island and had two outstanding days of fishing. After two days of fishin' we had close to 40 bass and northerns...big fish were an 8 pound northern and a 4 pound bass and a 19" and 21" walleye. It's been a while since I've experienced fishing like that. I definitely don't get much of it down here in Dallas. All bass were caught on top water or soft plastics. I did really well on bass with a weight free Lake Fork creature. I think the slow free fall really triggered the bass into biting...they couldn't stand seeing it fall so slowly.

Winona Walleye....how did you end up doing? Do you have any knowledge of ice fishing the backwaters near Latch Island for northers? Some of those backwaters have good depth...like the Dugout. I think that's what it's called.

winona walleye

ive been doing pretty good latley too, wingdams are still poducing but not as well as they used to, weve ben throwing topwater frogs on top of duck weed mats and have found some real nice bass... i have fished sam gordies in the winter which is just south of the dugout and ive never done very well there, i do know people do ice fish that area often but just have never gotten out there, glad you found some fish though...

Doop

We caught the only two walleyes out of Sam Gordies...caught mine on a X-rap and my buddy caught his on a bass crankbait...both were nice fish. I love that duck weed stuff! The bass are really hanging under it right now. We got caught in that bad storm last Monday...boy were the fish biting right up before the storm hit!!!!!!!! Naturally, we decided to get off the water about 5 minutes too late. Buddy hit a wing dam and bent up his prop a little...visibility was zero on the way in because of the rain and lightning. I would think that first little bay in the Dugout where the enclosed boat docks are would be good for pike...with the depth and vegetation. Do you know if anyone fishes this bay with tip ups?

Is there much of a smallie population in the Winona area? I was kind of hoping to catch a few and we never did....I guess they hang around the wing dams right?

winona walleye

oh yeah there is plenty of smallmouth, you just have to find rock walls and wing dams. im suprised you guys didnt catch any by default right now is the best time to ctach those suckers cuz they were spawning so they are very active. the spawns over now but they ares till in the shallows slamming everything. as far as walleyes go you find them pretty much in the same spots the smallmouth are but often deeper....