• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tuesday Night Bass Tourneys on Zumbro??

Have the Tuesday night bass tourneys started on Lake Zumbro again this year? If so, how much is it and what time do they start?

I believe they have started.

Lets hear some details Ike...

Yes they have begun. I was going to post up early in the week and never had the time so my apologize on missing the first one. They are every tuesday night from now til September and then the switch to sunday mornings. Competition starts at 5:00 sharp so be there alittle before and just as who is holding the money. It is a shotgun start from Fishermans inn landing. This is a pay access so if you don't feel like paying you will have to put in at sandy or pondy. It is 20 bucks a boat you can fish with a partner or by yourself. IF you get there late no big deal just bring you money to the weigh in which is at 9:00. You will need a way to keep your fish alive for the duration of the tourney. And a stringer is not recomended however you can use a cooler and an aerator will get it done. These are very low key tourneys and everything is on your honor as far as fishing goes. It is a 5 bass limit large or small mouth and they must be 12" or greater and no live bait. There are some good sticks out there so come ready however don't feel as if you need a bass boat to compete. They are 100% payout and they pay a new position for every 5 boats. If you have never done a tourney before and you would like to get your feet wet this is a great place to start. If you fish it make sure you say hi to me i will be wearing my trusty mister twister visor and driving a blue and white Crestliner. Introduce yourself. if you have any more questions post up or shoot me an e-mail [email protected]

i hope i covered everything. i would love to see the rochester forum make a strong appearance and run away with it. ike

Ike,

I'll probably dig out the bass gear here in a couple weeks and I imagine I'll partake in a few of these Tuesday night bass tourneys.

Good i look forward to seeing you and who knows maybe one week i will make a donation to tyler. I can tell you last week i missed the money by 7 oz and that hurts 4th place is kinda like kissing your sister or something like that. ike

did you have your 5 > 12"

Mostly largies or smallies?

yep we had our 5 we had 7lbs 6 oz and all largies. We caught one smally all night but he went short so back in the drink, no huge fish brought in but a couple pushing 4. I saw mostly largies weighed there was one 3lbs+ smallie but mostly largies. i hope you are getting pumped up tyler. nothing like fishing for some $$$$$

ike

Hiya Ike. Last time I talked to you we were sharing a goose pit!! I talked to Mike about the league earlier in the week. I will have to show up for a few of these! They sound like fun! How did the first tourney turn out??

Duck-o-holic

The second tourney happened last night it took 12 pounds to win it. That is a real good bag for the zum. second was 10 something and third was 10 as well. Stelz and i finished 5th with a 9lbs 9 oz sack. Good showing last night but the fish weren't as cooperative as we found them last week. But the quality was better. If you are looking to get some tourney experience i would encourage you all to try it. I won't be able to make it for the next couple so i will be rooting for you all. ike

• 2 weeks later...

in case you guys have been wondering what the ol zum has been kicking out for weights in the bass tourneys here are the results

From 6-12

Eckholdt and partner 1st with 14-11 and big bass, a 4-13 LM

Vern Markham and partner 2nd with 10-14

Ronningen and Hall 3rd with 9-02

4th place was either Kepp and kepp or Ken stock with 8+

6-19

Larry and Nate Carlson 1st 12-04? and big bass 4-08LM

Jay Hodge and Dan Christoperson 2nd with 11-11

Eric Ronningen and Jim Kostroski 3rd with 11-04

Mike Kepp and son 4th with 10-11

16 boats on this tuesday so it payed out 4 spots.

Come and dabble. sure is a good time and plenty to be learned. ike

What ever happened to George McIntier?? The guy use to blow everone out of the water in the Tuesday night tourny's??

i have never even heard of the guy. But i have only been fishing the tuesday nighters for 3 years. Do you still fish them? Tell me a story? ike

Results from June 26th

1st Brad and Jason Gravenhoff 13-05

2nd Bryce Beckel and JAred Brown 11-14

3rd Kenny Stock and son 9-06

4th Mike and Rachel Beck 9-00

Big Bass Mike and Rachel Beck 6-02 LM

18 boats tonight which is pretty good amount for this puddle. i had my fish catching machine with tonight (my wife) and she definitely pulled her weight. She caught 2 good smallies but i couldn't boat a keeper. Thought i had them figured out and then i got humbled. Hope to see some of ya out there. ike

Just wondering if there is a tournament this coming Tuesday the 3rd? Thought I might give it a try with my brother in law even though we don't know much about bass fishing on Zumbro. Sounds like a fun time.

yes indeed there will be one this tuesday.They are every tuesday without fail until September and then i think they switch to sunday mornings. Stelz and i will be there in the big blue mague. hope to see you there. ike

Thanks Ike, just making sure with the Holiday and all. Probably will get out there today or Monday to see if I can figure anything out. Looking forward to it.

Alright i will look for you, what kind of boat you going to be in? canoe? innertube? Chest waders? ike

could somebody tell me what time this tourney starts at? Thanks.

I will be in a lund pro-V with buzzin'. Done a lot of bass fishing but never on the zumbro so should be interesting.

Blast off is at 5 from fishermans in so be there a little bit before and just ask the line of boats who is holding the money(usually the winner from the week before). it sure is a good time looking forward to meeting you. ike

Greg Halleland 1st 11-06 and big bass 4-05?

Not sure on names for 2nd. If you frequent this site please add..11-04

Eric Ronningen and Mike beck 3rd 10-06

tough night for most but as you can see some put it together. I don't want to talk about where i finished.i won't be able to fish it for the next six weeks so it would be good if someone i knew was takin peoples money. good luck

ike

7-10-07

Eric Ronningen and Jim Kostroski 1st 11-06

Kepp and ? 2nd 8-15

Jerrie Echoldt & partner 3rd 7-08

Ken Stock Big bass 4-13

There was 12 boats tonight and it actuallly didn't pour rain. I didn't fish it from what i hear fishing wasn't great but there have been worse nights to. They came easy for some and tougher for others.

ike

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone follows this or not but if so i thought i would keep you up to date. Tonight is the last one i will have to miss until September i am pumped

7-17-07 10 boats

Eric Ronningen and Jim Kostroski 1st 8-15

Matt Pretzer and son Mason 2nd 5-07

Matt Pretzer and son big bass 2-08

7/24/07 tuesday night tournament results 16 boats

Eric Ronningen and Jim Kostroski 1st 11-06 BB tie breaker

Jerrie Eckholdt and Gene ? 2nd 11-06

Champion dude ? 3rd If you are here, whats your name 7-04

Greg Helleland 4th 6-14

Big bass Eric R and Jim K 4-11 LM

7-31-07 results 14 boats

1st Eric Ronningen and Jim Kostroski 9-11

2nd Scott and Travis Knutsen 7-02ish

3rd Wyatt Apel and partner 5 something

Big bass Scott and Travis Knutsen 4-13 LM

2nd big bass Bradley Grevenhoff 4-12 it was a heartbreaker.

i am back in the saddle next week. Hope to see some FMERS there!!!

ike

Thanks for the updates Ike,

I'm still trying to fit one of these tourneys in my schedule. I'm sure I'll get whooped, but a $10-$20 learning lession is cheap in my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone heading else heading out there tonight. Should be interesting with the weather we have been having. ike

8-14-07 Bass tourney results on the Zumbro.

1st Branden Gifford 13-05

2nd Brian Ness and son 8-12

3rd Mike Kepp and son 8-05

Big bass Brian Ness

I think there was 14 boats last night. My wife and i only brought three fish to the scales but we lost our best 2 fish righ next to the boat of course. Probably good enough for some money if we had them but that is another "one that got away" story. Good group last night.

o forgot to mention that during the tourney right at dusk wife caught big fish of the night about an 8lb kitty on a mimmic minnow. i saw lots of cat guys out as we drove back to the landing. they must really be snapping. Not really the fish you want in a bass tourney tough especially the 5 minute fight. ike