• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has any posters fished this river? I see people fishing in town but I've never seen anyone catch anything... I'm guessing lots of carp?

It depends on where you fish it - the river below the dams in faribo gets a lot of activity. If you are a little more adventuresome and want to wade to the falls in Northfield, there are some BIG walleyes, northerns, and striped bass up there. I would recommend wearing waders as there can be a lot of garbage swept into the water - do not go barefoot! The stretch upstream by Carleton College to the Waterford bridge also gives up some nice fish.

Walleyes r us, Thanks for the tip. It's nice to know that there is the potential to catch walleyes in Northfield.

If you check in the Small rivers and streams above. Go to page 2 Cannon River section. You will see that I posted some other spots to try.

I was born and raised in Dundas and basically lived on the river for most of my younger days, Really fun place to fish.

As I have grown this is where my daughters cut their teeth on fishing.

Good Luck and have a blast.

Quote:

If you check in the Small rivers and streams above. Go to page 2 Cannon River section. You will see that I posted some other spots to try.

I was born and raised in Dundas and basically lived on the river for most of my younger days, Really fun place to fish.

As I have grown this is where my daughters cut their teeth on fishing.

Good Luck and have a blast.

I found it... thank you rippin lip. Excited to give it a try!