• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I moved here last spring from california, I see a lot of people trolling for walleye, does anyone ever troll with leadcore and a levelwind reel, it worked great for trout,so I thought i may try that set up here, but wondered what you all think about it.

Leadcore does have its place. In general we do not have a lot of leadcore users here in MN. Sometimes the structural elements of our lakes make it tough to troll. Leadcore usually is more effective in areas where the depths are more uniform or gradual. I have used it on Mille Lacs with some success. Most of the time I've been able to get away with just trolling crankbaits with a fireline set up on most of our lakes. I can usually achieve the depths I am targeting without the need for leadcore. I am sure that there are times when it could be very effective.

Jason Erlandson