• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coming up on 7th-10th, any reports on Crane, Sand Point, Nam?

Last year we were up and the walleyes were tight into the weeds (shallow) on Crane and we never did find them on Sandpoint but spent most of the time on Crane. I would also like to get up to Nam and spend some time so any news would help. I will also post a reply when our group of 15 is back with as much info as I can.

I've spent a lot of time on the lakes you mentioned and always had my best luck in deep water. I would recommend 50-70' with a 1/16 oz jig. This is especially effective on the windy side of the lake as far away from your campsite as possible. Don't be afraid to try the other side of the lake ... the fishing is always better. If you can't find them in those places, try off the dock and make sure the chocolate cherry dessert is cooked all the way through this time.

Rainylakeworthlesspost, we are all here to give good information, tips and ideas at where to start. Information that does none of these should be left out.

DB,

I get the feeling they know each other as this sounds to me like some good old tongue-in-cheek humor (the cake reference kinda gives it away smile.gif)

Then again I could be way off the mark and someone was just bored confused.gif

Good Call, To quick to judge, I know fishing has been pretty good on the entire chain. Jigs and Minnows, but we aren't to far behind a good leech bite.

Here is a few fish my cousin and I caught on Sat of Labor day weekend on Sandpoint and Namakan within 2 miles of the namakan Narrows. We found the majority of the Northerns and Walleyes we caught in 10-20 fow near rocks or ledges.

[image]http://5-27-2007-12.jpg[/image]

5-27-2007-10.jpg

Nice it's always closer to the campsite for you and as long as the pears are not mixed with the fish batter we will be fine.

Funny guy, Sled. Actually, a puck to the upper lip and then too many years of smoking. I've quit smoking but the damage was already done.

Nice fish Wade, glad you were able to get into some good fish!

PS: you may want to try downsizing those pic's a bit next time, they take awhile to load at that size wink.gif

Just trying to have a little fun with my co-worker who should be working instead of planning the fishing trip. He's always giving me grief about heading to the other side of the lake to fish on the windy side. He's also the camp cook and makes some awesome desserts with one obvious exception. For Xplorer, glad you can interpret sarcasm and saw it was harmless.

For anybody looking for real tips, we caught them all over the lakes this same time last year but had really good luck with walleyes shallow in weeds (yes, there are weeds in some places). We also found them on deeper structure. We caught them on Shad Raps and on jigs and minnows or leeches. No one theme did the trick, but I guess that makes fishing a challenge, right?

I can't believe you would think that my dad actually uses the Computer. This is the younger better half of the fishing crew, but yes the weeds did well, this time I will try going farther north into sandpoint and see what happens, if I can get the old man to go farther north.