• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Single Shot Rifles

Crickschop04

I'm left handed and poor so I've decided that a single shot would be the best way to go for a varmit rifle. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Rossi single shots??? Any other input???

I have a Rossi .243 Heavy Barrel and it's not to bad. I have no problems holding a 3 inch group at 200yds.

Not sure if NEF make the rossi's too, but I was eyeing the NEF handi rifle a couple of years ago, but decided I would go with an AR instead. Big price swing by the way.....

NEF and Rossi are not made by the same company. I believe Rossi guns are made in Brazil.

I am a HUGE fan of the NEF single shot rifles. I own them in a lot of different calibers and have used them for everything from antelope to turkeys to prairie dogs. Last fall I used my .223 to take a prairie dog at 550 yards. My .243 will shoot groups under 1 inch at 200 yards. The rifles are rock solid and the price is great. Where else can you get an awesome, brand new varmint gun for $2oo?

I don't have any experience shooting the Rossi rifles, but I have NO problem recommending the NEF guns.

If you are left handed and considering a single shot why not just go with a right handed bolt gun? They make dandy single shots with a handy place to keep spare ammo.

A slightly used savage or stevens .223 would make budget sense. 243 if thinking you want to use it on deer too ...

Good stuff guys I appreciate it. Anymore first hand knowledge on the Rossi would be great.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know you are still looking to buy, but I was in the same boat as you are a couple of years ago(LH & poor) and bought a Rossi matched pair .243 win and 12 ga. combo. Biggest piece of garbage made. Do not buy one. I ended up buying a Savage/Stevens for $259(Sportsmans Warehouse) and couldn't be happier with the accuracy. I have a left-handed savage in 30-06 and to my suprise I like shooting the right handed bolt better. I have a couple buddies that have NEF's and they seem to be decent guns, but I would advise buying a Savage/Stevens