• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone hear about that bobcat attack up in Itasca over the weekend. Got to them right in their tent I guess!

I herd on one of the St.Cloud radio stations that it was a bear attack? at the time they were not sure of this, u may be more updated than I am..

One would think that a bear attack would be more likely and that is why it caught my attention.

Bobcat are small and keep to themselves, so I thought.

Can't be for sure...but I think it was a cat???

bobcats can be aggressive. The DNR took a look at the guy and said it looked like cat scratches. Wouldnt you think the guy would be able to see what it was if it was on his face? Could of had food in tent. Usually turns animals on.

The guy that got scratched is a friend of my wifes. He is a college Biology Professor and does a lot of camping. I doubt he had food in the tent. It sounds like it happened so quick, he didn't really know what happend. Imagine waking up to that!

Bobcat's aren't that big are they? I had a little run in with a Mountain Lion and let me tell you about being scared. Cats are way different than bear or wolves. You just feel like they are stalking you. They move so quiet, its just freaky. They seem like they know what they are doing, rather than a bear that is just following its instincts to find food. I ran into a pack of Timber Wolves up in Grand Rapids about 2 years ago while hunting and that didn’t scary me half as bad as that one mountain lion. Big cats and Snakes scare the crap out me.

• 2 weeks later...

What I heard up here was that it was a stray wild housecat.