• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Michael Vick

zamboni

I was just reading that on the net, only thing I don't like is-

The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, although federal sentencing guidelines most likely would call for less.

He will get about a year in jail and a fine.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PierBridge

• zamboni

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• mnwild

He's cooked. Jail time + fines + lost NFL wages = doomsday for the Vick family. Now THAT bites!

Quote:

He's cooked. Jail time + fines + lost NFL wages = doomsday for the Vick family. Now THAT bites!

HUH!

It's going to more then a year for sure.

According to CNN the plea deal recommended 18-36 months but that can go down still. I would expect somewhere around 12-18 months if I had to guess.

The real question is whether or not he will be allowed to resume his NFL career after he is released. He is young enough to still have some good years left when he gets out if the league will allow it.

I'd be suprised if it was under 18 months in which case Vick would have to serve 85 percent of that.

I would think the NFL would have an additional suspension after he is released.

HMMMMM..... I suppose some team may take a chance on someone who participated in the hanging and drownings of multiple dogs along with funding and promtoing interstate gambling on said dog matches.

Yahoos reporting his career is more than likely over with. Mark Chmura was found not guilty of raping his babysitter and was considered a premier TE at the time and it ruined his- noone wanted anything to do with him afterwards. 99% of life is controlled by decisions we as adults make, let him pay the piper

Another good question about this whole deal- is he headed for a Martha Stewart style prison or an "OZ" don't drop the soap style prison where he belongs?

i didnt know marbury was still around to get on tv. take vick, portis, marbury, vick's little brother and ship them home.

Intersting how Marbury seems to know more about, and think more about, dog fighting than hunting.

Some Vick "fans" are comparing Dogfighting to hunting.

Well, there is two words that make these two totally different. They are "legal" and "illegal".

If I want to get a "buzz", it is legal for me to sit at home and drink a 12-pack of beer. But, if I snort cocaine...that is illegal and if I get caught I have to pay. The cocaine addict screams "not fair"...well, it is.

Dog fighting and hunting are totally different things like drinking and drugs are...but the key words are "legal" and "illegal".

Thugs that support Vick (like Portis and Stephan) need to get their brains examined. Next, we will hear the "race" thing and that is why he is being charged. It has nothing to do with race and someone like Tom Brady or Brett Favre would be pursued just as hard to get a conviction.

I guess it would be the same thing if I sat in my stand and could say " here boy" and the deer come running to me to shoot!

• 1 month later...

Now Vick got busted for pot.

"Now, Vick must submit to any method of testing at any time. Methods of testing could include urine testing, the wearing of a "sweat patch," a remote alcohol testing system and/or any form of prohibited substance screening or testing.

Vick must also participate in a program of inpatient or outpatient substance therapy and mental health counseling if the pretrial services officer or supervising officer deem it appropriate. Vick must pay for the treatment.

Vick is also now restricted to his residence every day from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. or as directed by the pretrial services officer. The home confinement will include electronic monitoring."

Kind of makes you wonder about that incident in Miami's airport. He probably got away with it there, no easy task considering its Miami and Latin America and the Carribean run there drugs through that airport.

Could not have happened to a nicer guy!

A man is truly defined by the choices he makes in life.

Ye shall reap what you sew!

Windy

Vick is now being sued by an Indiana bank for over $2 Million for failure to repay money loaned to him. He was also sued by a Canadian bank for $2.5 Mill. What a jerk

hears some (Contact Us Please) on ESPN radio tell us how he understood why vick was using. It was the stress and hes going to jail anyway. Steven A Smith was the guy talking. What is with people these days thinking a confessed felon needs their excuses and support. just when you think this thing has blown over someone has to stoke the coals back to life. If he ever plays football again he will bring this all back to life and we will here more arguments on how he is not such a bad guy just misunderstood. The pot bust just proves he was not such a good guy gettin harrased by the airport security who retrieved his water bottle from the garbage.

Sled,

The Bears could use him as well but the question is, could he escape the pass rush with leg shackles on! LOL

Hopefully that piece of garbage will never disgrace the field of any NFL team again.

Windy

Its funny to think that all Mike Vick has done is fight some dogs. When we have guys in the NFL that are convicted wifebeaters/possible murderers among other things and you never hear another word mentioned. In all honesty the pacman jones situation is alot worse than the Mike Vick situation. My feelings on this do not necessarily stem from my hate for pitbulls, but it stems from my anger toward much of the American public that seems to put the lives of some animals over human beings.

Sled,

I guess if the animal had a choice, like wives do, to call the police, hire an attorney, call a cab, call a friend, shoot the guy with a gun, then it would be a different story. But I guess when the animal is kept in a tiny cage, taught to fight, witheld food and then when they lose a fight to be hung by a rope or drowned by hand or have your brains beaten on concrete, that crosses some boundaries of what a human being should be (just a tad more serious than just "fighting some dogs" in my book). Just my two cents from a guy who eats meat, fishes and has no problem having animals killed for a purpose. I guess what Vick did just crosses the line in my book.

Windy

What gets me going is last year my 7 year old wanted a Vick jersey, thank goodness I denied him, I mean I would want my money back. Here's my thoughts...these guys are role models to a lot of kids, I say there are enough athletes out there to replace the (Contact Us Please), if you're a "pro" athlete act like it, and then you wouldn't have to worry about being sued, going to jail, being a disgrace to your mama, and having kids think its ok to act like a fool. How can some of these guys sleep at night? confused.gif

Quote:

My feelings on this do not necessarily stem from my hate for pitbulls, but it stems from my anger toward much of the American public that seems to put the lives of some animals over human beings.

What are talking about no one is puting Human Lives over animals.

If your talking Ray Lewis do some research.

And even if you think Ray Lewis killed someone there is a big differnce in our Country between Guilty and Not guilty.

Leave OJ out of this.... grin.gif

• 2 months later...

Well, 23 months was his sentence. A little under two years in the can. I don't know what to say. I'm sure the talking heads will break it down for the next 48 hours, but initially my reaction is too little. Could have gotten 5 years, instead he got under 2.

I guess it's time to forget about it for a while. I'm sure he could do a heck of a job in a more contemporary version of "The Longest Yard"

Quote:

Could have gotten 5 years, instead he got under 2.

From what I heard normal sentencing guidelines were 12 to 18 months. Fact is, nobody ever really knows what the judges will do. At least he didn't get off like OJ.

I think it was a fair sentence, I dont think he got any special treatment. Since it was a first offense, 23 mo is fair. I think he deserves more, but I think he got what was fair. I just hope the nfl doesnt allow him to come back when he is out.

From what I've heard when he gets out of jail, he will be suspended for an aditional year. Then he can come back if a team will have him.

He should be done in the NFL after all that time off and what team would take that risk? I think we've seen the last of Ron Mexico on the playing field...