• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Michael Vick

zamboni

Can't stand him, never have. I am an old school QB fan- the QB gets paid throw the ball, not tuck and run 4 out of every 5 downs. Now all this dog stuff comes out- could this be a situation where the NFL could step in and ban him for a year, or worse for him, a situation where the judges get involved (I think the FBI already is) and he sits in the clink for awhile? Whats everyone else think of this genius-

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PierBridge

• zamboni

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• mnwild

Have yet to figure out why- guy has a strong arm- but no brain or accuracy.............

He really hasn't had a lot of guys to throw to down there. Crumpler and that is about it. Some games he looks like god and some games he looks like dog crap. Way to incosistent and inaccurate. For the dog thing, if he is guilty and it looks like he is, lock him up. He has money so probably going to get off like every other celeb/athlete.

Quote:

He really hasn't had a lot of guys to throw to down there

he has had some guys that other qb's could do ok with. peerless price was good in buffalo, plus back to back 1st rd. picks in roddy white and michael jenkins, and crumpler, finneran is ok. now they signed joe horn, so maybe that will help. i agree that i have never been a fan of vick, and after the video that SC showed on dog-fighting i would like to do to him what those dogs do to each other. that stuff is crazy.

I seen last night on the news that a search warrant was denied for a house that he owns or used to own in Virginia. I guess there could be up to 30 dog carcases there. I wonder why it was denied?

I was watching ESPN last night and they were showing clips of dog fights. It almost made me sick to my stomach. Vick is innocent until proven guilty. Regardless, whoever is responsible for this should have the full extent of the law thrown at them.

atleast some of his freinds still have his back.

unbeleivable

mods might take this link off, if so sorry for posting it, I just thought it was relevent to the thread

In his first start 2 seasons ago Matt Schaub threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's against the patriots with the same recievers Vick had. Too the point Vick had NEVER had a 3 TD game. Schaub does it in his first start. Vick=joke.

The dog fighting thing is absolutely sickening. If he's convicted, he should definitely do hard time and be suspended from the league for at least a year.

As for Vick's talent, I think he's an athlete rather than a quarterback. When you're top target is the tight end (Crumpler), then it shows that he can't put the ball downfield on a consistient basis.

Obviously he's not going to be convicted of this and do any hard "LOL" jail time.

Him and his brother Marcus are worthless, sorry, but true. I am obviously not an NFL qb, but neither is he. Dilfer had a better arm than this POS, and I can't stand the guy.

The guy is a tremendous athlete with a cannon for an arm but his accuracy and decision making is lacking for a starting NFL quarterback. Yes his freinds are probably taking advantage of him but his off the field decisions shed a light to his real character. First his "water bottle" incident at that airport and now the alledged dog fighting business. He had to have knowledge of that. I'm sure as the investigation continues one of his "friends" will roll over on him. If he is indeed guilty then I hope the commisioner treats him the same type punishment as the gave to the Bears Tank Williams and a few others. I like thier new personal conduct policies.....

• 1 month later...

Quote:

Obviously he's not going to be convicted of this and do any hard "LOL" jail time.

well, well, well.......looks like you may be wrong on this one ole Pier!!!!

Pier,

I would say half wrong. He will be convicted, but serving time as an athlete is whole different ballgame. He may get "Paris Hilton" time!!

this is federal crime so he would be in a federal prison which i don't think it would be like county for Paris......and by the way fed ind. have a 96% conviction rate so good luck Mike Vick!!!!!

Both Vic brothers are just football playing thugs. Can you believe the younger Vic actually wound up on a NFL team with his past record? Just shows you all the Psychological testing they do on these guys dont mean Shnit. If they can play ball teams will sign them no matter what.

Northlander, im not sure they can play ball. They are just overhyped like many affletes these days.... I like his halfasssed apology-" Im sorry for the distraction this caused" That statement shows zero responsibilty. He's basicaly saying sorry everyone blew it out of proportion. I quit watching the NFL because of players like him.

This is a federal indictment. Usually they don't bring someone in unless they've got some darn good evidence for getting a conviction. This won't be a "Paris Hilton" ordeal, but he will get less than what the maximum is...much less (if convicted).

By the way....Vick is no qb....he's an "x-back". He can run like he!!, but his passes and decision making aren't worth a darn. I bet Tiki Barber had a better passer rating that Vick does! shocked.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

atleast some of his freinds still have his back.

unbeleivable

mods might take this link off, if so sorry for posting it, I just thought it was relevent to the thread

WOW! I think that the Vick dog fighting fiasco and then these two nimrods sticking up for him is the final straw for me having any respect for the NFL. I thought Clinton Portis might have had some class, I was way wrong on that one. What an (Contact Us Please).

Thanks for posting that B.I.D.

A friend that has pleaded guilty to charges linked with Vick has now said that Vick was financing the action at his house. I take it as Vick is a lying scumbag saying that he had no idea what was going on at his house- sounds like he very well knew what was going on and had a big part in it.

The PETA knuckleheads will eat him alive,sorry to see you go-Ron-Mex crazy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Vick is facing certain Federal Jail time I wonder how much.

A year for him sounds like a pipe dream at this point, sounds like it will be higher unless he rolls the dice and gambles at trial with the 6 year sentance he is facing!

Is it just me, or does he look like a street thug? I saw some footage of him going in and out of court and gosh, just the look on the dudes face and the way he was dressed makes me think he has zero respect for the system.

Wasnt Vick's brother on the Dolphins roster last year then released?? He is 100% thug..