• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Manager Ejections

maros91

Whats your favorite manager ejection? There have been some great ones from Billy Martin to Lou Pinella. I think my favorite will have to be Lloyd McClendon of the Pirates a couple years back after he got ejected he grabbed first base and walked out with it. Very funny.

does anybody know whose got the most ejections of all time??

I know Bobby COx is one or two away from tying.

Sweet Lou's "First base is my frisbie" episode is my favorite. Probaby because it was original.

The rest are just wannabees base flingers. smile.gif I understand there was a minor league manager that appeared to need committed to a mental hospital last season. I missed that one.

Billy Martin's dirt kicking renditions were also ahead of their time.

Know what I hate? A sissy boy manager like the Reds currently have. He doesn't have the guts to make his players play like they care, then pretends to be irate at umpires so he can get ejected and try to keep his job. It's phoney, and he isn't the only one that does it.

I know years ago Earl Weaver was the guy to beat he had some classics nice video bull head that was pretty good.

Bobby Cox got ousted twice during the weekend. Gardy has had some nice ones. I love it when the managers get fired up and start throwing their hands all over the place and the then the hat comes off. Your outta here!

I only got to one Twins game last year (I live 2 hours drive away) and I got to see both Francisco Liriano start and no shock here- a Gardy ejection. A few years ago, I was living in Kansas City, and went to a Twins-Royals game and a pre-season Vikes/Chiefs tilt all in the same afternoon. Long story short, it was over 100 that day, and in the first inning Royals catcher Mike DeFelice got tossed, went into the dugout, threw aroud 10 bats and every jug of Gatorade and water out of the dugout onto the field. I told my buddy I thought it was intentional because he probably didn't want to squat behind the plate all day in that heat. By far the best ejection, although not a manager, I have personally seen.

"I know years ago Earl Weaver was the guy to beat"

Mitty, I forgot about the Mad Munchkin. Here is a link to some funny Earl Weaver. Can't believe how long Umpire lets it go. Ump gets in some good shots a couple minutes in though. Hopefully this link will work.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2813366

Spinner I dont now how you found that but thats the Earl I remember when I was a kid boy was he entertaining when him and Billy got going it was great can you imagine if sports center would have been around then it would have been great thanks again for the video.

The Double A manager pretty much went insane over the weekend. The army crawl and gernade throw was frickin funny and at the end he blows a kiss to the fans. Pretty funny.

As im a Pirates fan the McLendon ordeal when he took first base with him was great.

But that minor league one over the weekend where the coach army crawled to the rosin bag and threw it like a grinade at the ump was one of the best ever. Im sure it will be on you-tube soon...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.