• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
avidfisher

boat motor question

avidfisher

I have an inboard. My problem is after winter i started it up in the driveway with hose. I don't remember water cuming out of the cover behind the upper gearcase. I have the book and the water intake pump inlet is there i pulled it off and replaced the impeller its a liitle rubber spindle. I guess my qustion is does anybody own or know about inboards that could help me out one guy i talked to at a bait shop said he thought i had a clog and i need to backwash it i don't know how to do that.

I am asking here because of the cost to take it in is outrageous. Its bad enough the gas it now cost for truck and boat.

Thanks for any help.

Tom7227

I've had some luck blowing compressed air up into the small outlet hole on the shaft. If you pick up some mud or gunk it can block that and if it sits and gets hard it won't come out. A good shot with a compressor may be all you need.

The other thing make be that the impeller was either put in wrong or is stuck. When I did it I put a little bit of vaseline on it to keep it lubed.

Kyle Sandberg

To get more responses, try posting in the eqipment/expert information.