• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Round Lake info by Squag

When will they be done with it? I will be out of town for work on Thursday and Friday but I would like to try it on Saturday night.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• palisade1kid

• iland99

• Dale

• Matt Breuer

It looked almost done last night.

By the end of today they should be done.

The access will be a lot nicer.

Thanks Mn.DNR! Did I say that?

Hit Round last night.

The access is done & they did a nice job.

It took some searching ,but we found a few for dinner.

Picture044.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Roud has been tough as of late.

Hot weather ,boat activity from vactioners and the recent barrage of fireworks has taken it's toll.

All night there was this voice,fire in the hole...BOOM

We left at dark. No sense fighting fireworks.

• 1 month later...

Well she's back on.

Catching eyes by the 50's every night.

Too bad most are small ,but some are good for eaters.

Since they are so small as of late we are working them with UL's.

Check out this battle.

th_Picture133-1.jpg

I hit her again with Dad last night.

Caught the normal 50-60 eyes working 10-12 FOW.

My Dad lost a few hogs at the boat.I then checked his line .It was nicked up so I changed him out & that was the end of loosing fish.

He did boat a real nice 19" and we caught 10 doubles not to mention a whole slew of bass.

I sent him home with a lim of eaters & we had a blast telling stories.

This once used to be a good fishery. The lake is small and very delicate I have seen a lots of large fish being taken home for dinner these fish are the future of this lake and all other lakes it sure would be nice to have some quality fish for our children and grandchildren to brag about, or it could become like the rest of the lakes that have been fished till the lake has nothing left to offer.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Please be sure to read forum policy before posting again.

farmfishing makes an excellent point!!

There are over 300 lakes in the area and sharing more fishing info on more of them can help alleviate the pressure any lake will receive as it will spread anglers out. Please bear in mind giving info on only one small lake could up the fishing pressure it receives and hurt the overall fish catching going on in that lake.

The really wise anglers are gong to lakes that aren't heavily pressured or the really big lakes that can handle the pressure.

In the meantime let's not attack folks for sharing info. Let's work on sharing more good info on 100's of lakes to so more anglers can enjoy the fishing and spread out.

Feel free to discuss the issue of small lakes info sharing in the Outdoor discussion forum. Not in this thread please.

I'm back from BIR now Solocam.

We should go try Squag sometime too.

They are a lot bigger there.2-5 lb are normal not that you'd want to take them home to eat.

Wauk has some great eaters and so does Wilk.

Whenever you get some time we should go out.

Quote:

Ck,

Did you go up to Nationals?

You bet!5 years now & I'd never miss another if I could help it.I went to Indy last year too ,but not this year.

BIR07166.jpg

Quote:

I'm back from BIR now Solocam.

We should go try Squag sometime too.

They are a lot bigger there.2-5 lb are normal not that you'd want to take them home to eat.

Wauk has some great eaters and so does Wilk.

Whenever you get some time we should go out.

I called you a couple of times the other night. I think we might go up again this weekend if we have time.

Dale

Every day over the last 3 weeks I've been hitting Round drilling walleyes hand over fist.

They are hitting a ring'n grub or sassy shad while we are trolling 10-15 FOW.

They are not really on the break,rather we are finding them on this flat with humps on it.The humps are 8 foot deep.So working around them is paying off.

Boat speeds are in the 1.5 MPH zone with 1/4 oz. jigs.

Most are of the stocker variety 10"-14" with some 18"-20" being found.

Picture138.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture125.jpg

Now that the water is cooling coming into fall the bigger eyes should pick up in their feeding.

All of the bug hatches seem to be done so they are targeting minnows.

The bass are fairly active too.

Over cast days seem to be the best days for action ,but then again this is a clear water lake.I have some other lakes that are producing ,but they produce better with sunshine as the waters are stained.

As always you should be watching the barometer.

Whenever it makes that downward turn you should be thinking about hitting the water for some great fishing action.

Drilled em again with my Dad & his good ole buddy Dutch.

Fishing with them was like being out with Grumpier old men.

Too funny,LMAO all night.

Here's a few pics.

Picture155.jpg

Picture152.jpg

th_Picture153.jpg

How has it been this week? I fished Nord with that jig on Sunday morning and caught a few more. I did'nt think that it would work.

Quote:

How has it been this week? I fished Nord with that jig on Sunday morning and caught a few more. I did'nt think that it would work.

Oh ye of little faith or would that be a doubting Thomas?

I've used those plastics on most every body of water around here & they work on all of those waters.

The trick is boat control over the breaks and speed.

Speed can kill.

You just keep on catch'n & building confidense in them.

Time on the water running them is what you'll need to see how many different species they catch.

I know your a meat guy ,but that's gonna change!

Sure some lakes only want meat ,but not many.

• 2 weeks later...

Crappiekeith,

I was thinking about hitting round this saturday,It's supposed to be sunny but with windy conditions.In your opinion,is it wirth the effort to go and try to catch some eyes during the daytime?

Thanks for your input! Jim

I'd wait until about 6 and keep an eye open to where the fish being located are.Then by 7 or so the bite will start.

It get real heavy at 8 to 9:30 then tapers.The bigger ones bite just into dark.