• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Let's get young....who's with me

Coach1310

I think the Twins should bring up Sloey and Garza and go with the Santana, Bonser, Baker, Sloey and Garza rotation. Put Ortiz and Silva in the pen. God knows we need some arms out there too. We might as well see what these "hot prospects" are made of. I don't think we are going to the playoffs with our current lineup regardless of how we pitch. The Tigers and Indians are tough and with our current team, we won't catch them. So, lets go young....

..........who's with me!!

You have to wait until June so that these guys don't become arbitration eligible too soon.

Not that I'm a big Silva fan, but one bad start this season and you are ready to send him to the bullpen, before his last start he was given 1 run in his previous three games. Now Ortiz on the other hand, don't know that I would even trust him in the bullpen, other than the fact that seems like over half of them are hurt right now. It is also pretty early to write them off. If they are still playing this way around the all-star break I'm all for it. grin.gif

Ditto, it's too early to jump off the bandwagon. Ponson is gone as he should be, Silva's been a surprise, but save one really bad outing, pretty consistent. If Ortiz doesn't right himself by the end of June & probably sooner, I'd guess he'll be bunking with Ponson. Those guys gave us some good starts, Ortiz several of them, so the youngsters could get some more time in the minors. I'd expect we'll still see Garza yet this year, probably not Slowey, but hard to say.

Our offense has mostly been the problem & I think that will come around. Although as much as I like Nick Punto I think his last year's offensive numbers were over his head. Bartlett should improve, but it's time to start seeing a little more of that, the same with Kubel. The middle of the lineup, save Torii has been a little hot & cold, but has put up some solid numbers, as has Castillo, they need Mauer back healthy. I think they'll be fine. They may not win the divsion, but I think they'll be in it most of the way, excluding currently.

Quote:

The middle of the lineup, save Torii has been a little hot & cold

torii hasnt been a little hot and cold. he has been our best offensive player all year, hands down!! there has been no up or down. we need mauer back and someone to step into the 2 spot. i personally wouldnt mind seeing joe-ma bat there and go 1 castillo, 2 mauer, 3 cuddy, 4 morneau, 5 hunter, 6 cirillo at 3rd, 7 whichever we choose to dh, maybe kubel, 8 tyner in left and 9 bartlett. dh is our most needed position. you got kubel, ford, punto. i'd like to see rondell come back and give it a try, or even try rondell in left again, he seemed to have a little more success at the plate when he was in the field. my .02 cents.

Green,

I agree with you except for one point. I think Hunter thrives with some protection behind him. I would make my everyday order the following: Castillo, Mauer, Hunter, Morneau, Cuddy, Ford, Bartlett....... I think Cuddy is the guy who needs the least amount of protection. I may be totally wrong there. He just seems less fickle and has less really bad at bats. Hunter and Morneau have some of the worst at bats I have ever seen. They remind me of Jacques Jones every once in a while. then the next time up the hit a 3-run jack. With all the injuries who knows. We need one more big bat. Maybe its Rondell once he gets healthy. He worries me though. I think he is either done or will have a season like the last half of last year. Lets hope its the latter.

Go Twins!

WG

I like the middle of the lineup as it is no matter how you put Cuddyer,Morneau,Hunter and Mauer when he comes back. Mauer is no #2 hitter , unless he was with the Yanks or Boston. We need to have Tyner or Barlett fill the #2 hole with speed and On base % to give the meat of the order more RBI's. Maybe even Ford as #2. Kubel belongs at the end of the order. My gut call is Bartlett gets most of the #2 slot when he comes back. White, if he comes back healthy, goes to #6 or #7, dpend on what you think of Kubel. I personally like FOrd over Kubel, and Kubel can fill in on a off day.

Twins may not win the DIV, but CLev always falls off and no other DIv in the AL is getting the WC other than the central. When you look at the Twins comapared to where they were last yeat, they are in pretty good shape, thou no Lirainao, thou he did get hurt but gave us 12 wins.

Baker pitched really good tonight agst a tough jays lineup. He might be what we need as it certainly won't be Silva or Ortiz in my mind.

GO Twins- and win the close ones, and you'll be in it in the end.

I'd be disappointed if the Twins threw in the towel already. I don't like our chances in this division, but I didn't like them last year either after they dug a hole early.

Green,

Bigbucks is in agreement with you regarding Torii. He used "save" in a context you may not be familiar with.

Quote:

Bigbucks is in agreement with you regarding Torii. He used "save" in a context you may not be familiar with.

uh yeah. i know he meant save torii as in except torii. i just said that i didnt think torii had been hot and cold at all this year, but that he has played very consistently.