• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

waconia or independence?

I will be taking a Thursday day trip targeting walleye. I have not been to either lake. They seem to be pretty good walleye producers for the metro. Looking at the lake maps, and DNR reports Waconia seems to be the clear favorite, but it is twice the drive. Would it be easier to target key areas on Independence being that it is a smaller lake? Or should i just suck it up and take the drive.... thanks for any replies

Im not a walleye guy (look at my name) but i would make sure that landing is open on Independence. I know they were going to redo the landing and it was close for awhile. Anyone know if its open?

I managed to make it to both lakes through the wind and the rain. Caught several bass on waconia fishing shallow reefs on leeches and shiners. moved a little deeper and managed one 15 inch eye (released) The wind picked up so we moved to Independence. caught several 8-10 inch walleyes. couldnt find any bigger ones. All in all it was a good day I got to use my new rain gear.

well thats good to hear. I think i will be hitting waconia soon for some bass action