• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Birch weed growth?

I will be coming up to fish Big Birch in a couple weeks. When do the weeds typically show up on this lake and Big Swan? I would like to pike fish these lakes but I want to wait for the weed growth. Any tips for pike fishing these lakes. By the look of the DNR lake surveys they look promising.

If you want weed growth, try sauk lake. The weeds are aleady to the surface in areas.

I fish Big Birch at least once a week. The weeds are there. The big northerns are scarce but there. You will catch alot of smaller fish. If you want fun the lake is agreat smallmouth lake. Leave a few for seed. cool.gif

Thanks for the info. We like to fish smallmouths also. We like to pitch tubes and grubs. If you can give me any general info for the smallies it would be appreciated. We catch and release only for smallies.