• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sorry guys, need to vent just a little

So the wife and I planned a trip that we booked in Feb for the first week in June. (first long trip since we got married 7 years ago) Got the confirmation letter a couple of weeks later, even paid for half the cabin when we made the reservation. Been looking forward to it for a while now.

SOOOOO......today check the bank account, and yesterday we got a credit back with our deposit...odd. So I call asking to verify our reservation, the nice lady says that we don't have any reservation under that name. Then I explained what happened and she still said, I can have someone call you later on this week to discuss your reservation.

What to do....thinking about starting to smoke again.....also does anyone know of anyplace to stay June 2nd to the 9th?

Life goes on I guess.

Scott26,

I feel for you. I'll be up on the lake that week myself. Try looking up the Lake Vermilion website, and look for some resorts there. I'm not sure what price range you are looking in. My favorites are on the west end, Life of Riley, on the east end Shamrock and Forest Lane Resort.

If you have the reservation letter in hand, and it was a resort, you could always call the Lake Vermilion Resort Association to see if they'll help you out, or to file a complaint.

Good Luck!

Keep us posted on your situation.

A little update.....Got a call back, I guess a person with the same last name wanted to cancel their reservation. (my last name is not Smith or Johnson) and cancelled the wrong reservation. So we will see what will become of it. Hopfully the owner will still accept our reservation but from the sound of it, that's not going to happen.

Looks like we won't be coming up there now. frown.gif

Sounds like they admitted that it was their mistake. They should be going out of their way to find you reservations somewhere else! mad.gif

Check at Pike Bay Lodge on the Tower end!

Cliff

Sorry to hear about your problem. I can vouch for Life of Riley Resort on the west end. Rock & Lee operate a great family camp! My friends & family have been staying there for 20+ years. The bulk of the Vermillion resorts are top notch. I recently located to Cook, I have my boat on the water at the west end be happy to show you around the west end!! Good Luck, Big Jim

Scott,

I could get you in the following week, if you have that flexibility.

Doug

Quote:

Scott,

I could get you in the following week, if you have that flexibility.

Doug

Scott,

If you want to stay on the West end, give Doug a call! laugh.gif

He will take good care of you and get you on fish too!

Cliff

Scott,

I just spoke with my Mom at Head-O-Lake resort. She has 3 open cabins for that week, a 1 bdrm, a 2 bdrm and a 3 bdrm. Give her a call if you are interested. Phone number is (edited) She is on the West end of the lake. She also has a website but I don't believe I can post it here. It's the same as the resort name, but without the hyphens (sp?). Let me know if yu have any questions.

Sorry Johnny but phone numbers are not allowed either.

Scott should have no problem finding your mom's number though! grin.gif

Cliff

You are a better man then me for not naming the resort in question, but from the sounds of it, you should not even consider staying here if they treat you this way. I can speak first hand that Spring Bay resort would be an excellent choice and you get the added bonus of getting up to update info. from Doug

update....

Got a call today, they respected my previous reservation and rescheduled everyone else. We'll see how everything still goes for the week. I guess I would be fishing more then staying at the cabin so I'm not too worried.

Thanks Doug for the offer. I wish our schedules would have allowed us to switch weekends cause I would have in a min. If we like it up there (which I'm sure we will) you will be getting a call from me for a fall trip. If the weather permits one day, we'll take a cruse up your way and stop in.

Scott,

Very good news!

I am positive you will be back! grin.gif

Cliff

Hey Scott,

Glad things worked out for you. You will love Vermilion, as we all do. Would enjoy meeting you, if you get up this way, stop in and we can talk some fishin' (on of my favorite subjects). A thanks also to Cliff and Brian for the kind remarks. It truly is the word of mouth that makes you or breaks you in our business.

Scott- put up a post when you get back and let us FM'ers know how you did on the Big V!!!!

Doug

P.S.-- It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good to see the water coming up. I finally have water in my boat house! Yippeeeee!!!!!

what was the place called. i will have to make sure i never make a reservation there! that would suck.

As a Resorter, I must comment here. I don't know the circumstances in this particular situation and I am not placing blame on anyone. I just want everyone to know how things can go from the resorters angle.

So many times we will get a call to reserve a cabin. The date is set. All the questions are answered but when it is time for the deposit, we will get a statement such as "We will send the deposit next week" or " We will call back in a week or 2 and give you our credit card number" But some times it doesn't happen and when the next guy calls, you go ahead and reserve it for the person that gets the deposit to you first.

Again, I am not saying this is the case here. I am saying that when you do make your reservation, do the deposit at the same time and you will avoid one of the common problems that we see in the business.

I know how that is Randy ! I have to agree with you. I have the same situation arrise with my guiding business at times!

It just has to be "first come, first served" we just cannot afford to wait for some people to make up their minds with our short work season!

Cliff

shamrock7,

FYI, the depoit was not the issue. Even offered to pay the whole thing back in Feb, instead the resort only took half for the deposit and half when I showed up.

T - 6 days.

Like I said in the post, I wasn't placing any blame on anyone. I was simply trying to help do some education into one of the problems that we see in this business.

I know that you will have a great time and I hope that the resort that you are staying at makes up for any inconvience that you have experienced with exceptional service. If they don't, then you will know that it may be time to look for another for your next visit.

Have a great stay and stop in if you get into our area. We can point you to a fish or 2 if you are in need of some suggestions.

I know you wern't blaming anyone, just thought I needed to clear the air from my side.

Already thinking when I should be making the fall trip so it doesn't overlap too much with duck hunting.