• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thief River Falls Report

Went fishing on the Red Lake River between TRF and St.Hilare on Saturday. I only got out for a couple hours before sunset, but ended up catching a few nice fish. I ended up catching a couple big Rock Bass, a couple small pike and a really nice small mouth. All where caught on a jig and minnow. I tried a bottom rig for about a half an hour before I left and missed two fish.

The water was pretty low, so I was wading out and casting to specific areas, wich worked pretty well.

Fished above the dam on Sunday and caught alot of small northerns with a spinner bait and some Rock Bass using a jig and minnow. Water temp was around 60 degrees, so the fish are showing up in their summer locations now.

Fishing is gettin' good, get out and cath some...

Fishing over here has been real slow, and spotty... Same old Same old.. sigh .. Sat for two and a half hours tonight till dark. One small cat, one sheep head and on small pike. This is how it is going to be again this summer I can see it now.

Might have to make a trip over to TRF this week.