• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Taking Pictures Of Out Of Season Fish

All good points EXCEPT no Night Vision to take animals.

I coyote hunt at night and just got a nice NV scope....grrrr !!!

Looks fine with me.

Finally can put this issue among anglers to rest. No more grey area to debate. smirk.gif

What does everyone think about the crossbow being legal during firearms season? I thought that would have hit a hot button with many folks. I feel as though it's one step closer to allow them during archery season which I wouldn't endorse.

Even though I can get a crossbow permit to hunt with one,Which I have considered I did'nt! I dont believe they should be legal during archery! However if it was included during muzzle or reg. rifle I would'nt be against it.

I like the crossbow thing. I hope they are made legal during archery season. I realize that's a touchy topic so I'll leave it at that. I also very much like the fact the language was cleaned up with the immediate release thing. Some of the regs are pretty tough to understand. I'm glad that chunk of grey area is gone.

Crossbow!!! Oooo. I was thinking of a shotgun for deer hunting this year, but looks like I might go crossbow!

No NV for wild animals. Does that mean no NV for pest control too?

Might be interesting to see how many civilized states permit hunting with a crossbow....or hunting with night vision equipment.

And gee...I haven't heard anything about a funding method for fish and game stuff either. Maybe I missed it. shocked.gif

You did'nt miss the funding they could'nt agree on it AGAIN it was said if a special session was called they'd continue hashing it over!! I watched it yesterday every suggestion was turned down by overwhelming NOs.

Crossbows legal during gun season??? Well I know someone that will be very happy about that!! YO JOE!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

scarlettdec-inside.jpg

As long as out of season catch was accidental and not expected. Taking pic of 4th biggest out of season fish in a short period of time is still illegal in my opinion.

Quote:

Taking pic of 4th biggest out of season fish in a short period of time is still illegal in my opinion

Its not illegal though, in your opinion you might not like the practice photographing out of season fish but your opinion doesn't make it illegal.

I am glad that they made the clarification, now we don't need to read any more bashing from people when someone posts a picture of a 5 lbs bass in early May. Those posts always got old.

Actually its more than opinion, bud. I was trying to be nice unlike your reply. Purseuing out of season fish is illegal. Photographing said fish mute point. If you reasonbly suspect your going to continue catching an out of season fish in one spot you are pursueing them. It sickens me when people "hide behind the crappie hook".

If I fish for one hour and unintentionally catch 4 bass and take pictures of them that is illegal? Does it matter that during that same hour in the same spot I also caught dozens of crappie or gills?

It is perfectly plausable that while anchored in one spot for an hour you'll be catching loads of crappie while catching a couple nice bass mixed in. Taking a quick picture of those 4 bass is not illegal or in my opinion unethical if you are truly not targeting them.

If all you are catching is bass then YES you should move to a new spot but if I am sitting on a school of crappie and 1 out of 10 fish is a bass then I am not going to feel that bad about it.

I agree... A few years back the wife and I were sitting on a school of Crappie, and I hooked a wall hanger Snot Rocket on a 1/64 ounce jig and 4lb line. Granted it took some time to get the beast in the boat with 4lb line, but a picture was difinatly taken. You can't tell me that if you catch a fish of a lifetime and you have a camera you wont snap a shot... Even though it wasn't the target, it still happend, and the fish was returned safely to the water.

Not really fishing related but kind of, why were night vision scopes banned in an attempted to stop inceasing technology, but lighted decoys for spearing are legal? Those seem like an increase over a hunk of wood or a minnow.

People need to remember common sense and also ethics when it comes to photographing a fish reguardless if the season is open or not for that particular species. The more you handle fish and the longer they are out of the water the higher the risk of mortality. Don't get me wrong I enjoy looking at photos of fish caught. I remember one time when fishing forest lake with my cousin and we didnt have a camera with and I caught a 40" inch muskie while jigging for walleyes withan 1/8 ounce jig tipped with a fathead minnow. Later that day my cousin caught a 16lb northern and again we had no camera. Everytime we fish together now we talk about that trip to forest lake and laugh. BOTH FISH WERE IMMEDIATELY RETURNED TO THE WATER.

I think it opens the door up (( well if I can photo it than why not fish for them.)) I don't mind if your fishing for panfish and catch the monster bass and photo it, but I think that people will see that as excuess to fish for out of season fish.

Quote:

Taking pic of 4th biggest out of season fish in a short period of time is still illegal in my opinion.

What if after getting EACH bass you move because you don't want to bother them, but each spot you hit a pig????? Also as for the post on how now that you can take pictures of them, that means folks will think it's okay to target them out of season......Seriously???? Just because I can go whale watching and take pictures.....doesn't mean I can hook Flipper on a circle hook and start targeting Orcas.

I think people will be targeting spawning fish , easy pickins, for the big ones, pike, musky, big walleye, just to take a picture. Then maybe be tempted to take it home also.

But if I was fishing sunnies and hooked into a monster, I sure would want a picture. As said comon sense needs to be used all year around, not just the open season. I can pick 10 lb walleyes out of a crick in late april, left and right. Should I be doing that? No! Since I can use the , I was trying to catch bullheads, and had to stop and keep taking these monter walleyes off my hook and take pictures of them.

Unfortunately, the problem with the whole common sense thing is that fewer and fewer people have it these days. frown.gif

"No Kitty! Bad Kitty!!!" grin.gif

Nice avitar.

Corey Bechtold