• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I Violated my no weekend on Diamond today

Well I just remembered why I dont go out on weekends!! I must be like a light to a moth out there!! in my small 14'er 120-150 yds off shore,pontoons taking the inside 30-40 ft. from me,fast boats takin in & out same distance!! I know the rules state 150 ft.min.Where do these people come from??Soon it will be skiers no problem but the lake is big why do they have to buzz ya.Its time not to fish weekends!! and for weekdays think I'll carry my 12' rod,surfcaster put a 4-6oz jig on it and cast for BIG notherns!! tongue.gif

I was out on Diamond yesterday morning at 7:30AM. WE were one of the only boats out there. We were fishing a point and by about 10:30 there was 13 boats trolling that point with us. Which was great!! We were all catching some fish. The some guy cam in and anchord right on the end of the point (I hope it wasn't you). Because some other guys got really ticked off and had some comments for the guy. The guy who stopped traffic had the regular remark of I didn't know you owned the lake blah blah blah. I was mad but didn't say anything. I just continued trolling the path my gps said I had been trolling since 7:30AM. It happened to be within 4 ft of that guys boat. After about the 3rd or 4th time of doing this he told me he wasn't moving his bobbers for me again. I just said I heard you tell the other guy you didn't know he owned the lake....I assume that goes the same for you. The next time by he reeled them up again and right as we got by him I caught a nice 17 incher. We only ended up with 6 walleyes between the 3 of us but it was a fun day. Needless to say with 13 other boats following in my same path that guy didn't get to keep his bobbers in the water to much. We were fishing on the point right before you turn the corner to go into dogfish.

shocked.gif sorry sb just trying to chase the fish your way....HA just joking. grin.gif

I was picking up floating ice bags off nest (again) last time it was floating minnow bags mad.gif

i think th 4oz oughta do it! grin.gif

Wernt me slot I try to avoid the congested areas!I went out bout 1-1:30 got tired of running chainsaw,ole girl didnt want to go so I thought I'd try for sunnies,straight from where you were toward the access.I do fish that spot this time of year,but normally I only go out weekdays,once the waterskiers start I'm off by 9-10AM.7-8 boats there when I got out when I left there was 1 troller 1 still 3:30-4PM I got discusted,but I was out in prime pleasure boater time.Slot just reread your post,ya know with GPS and trolling your route if your on the end and someone pulls in on your line of trolling,I think I'd give him the area and just move a bit,Hows someone to know its your route? I put out markers at times but not in a group of people.I consider where your boat is, is your spot.

I tend to agree with Sparcebag...I have nothing against trolling but I don't even own a GPS and depending on whether I'm fishing out of my big boat or little 14 foot determines whether I even have a depthfinder along. On a lot of lakes when guys are fishing slipbobbers nearly everyone is doing it so it isn't a problem...but I can see your point if you are trolling along the same route over and over and then this guy just dumps right in in front of you but it is still a tough call.

Your response to him saying he wasn't going to move his bobbers again should have been "Okay, you like re-tying then?"

SA/wdw

Sparce,

I would agree with you most of the time. Say I was trolling the west shoreline from the park down to the south corner, which lots of people do, I wouldn't expect someone to know that's where I had been going back and forth for the last 3 hours and I would gladly troll around them. But that point on the SE corner before going into dogfish is small and the fish where stacked on the very tip. I was only going about 100ft on either side of it along with 13 other boats and we were all taking turns trolling the end. Even though I was the first person there I don't own the lake and welcome others who want to troll along with me or next to me. It doesn't take a genius to see what 14 boats are doing and what they are fishing. This person would have been welcomed by me at least to join in on the line. But to park on the spot where everyone has been and wants to go is just rude. Now if I had he time to go fishing days out of a week I probably would have just moved and found something else.