• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

trolling motor problems

Scoot

Question

Whenever I have power to my '06 MinnKota PD (with AP) the head constantly turns to the right. I assumed it was the foot pedal, but I replaced that and it's still doing it. Any idea what my problem is?

5 answers to this question

Scoot,

Since the motors only a year old it is still covered under warranty, you can bring it into scheels hardware and they should be able to get it fixed up, they do warranty work for minn kota. My brother just bought a new powerdrive and it was wired up backwards so forward was reverse, he brought it in and they had it done the next day.

Quote:

Scoot,

Since the motors only a year old it is still covered under warranty, you can bring it into scheels hardware and they should be able to get it fixed up, they do warranty work for minn kota. My brother just bought a new powerdrive and it was wired up backwards so forward was reverse, he brought it in and they had it done the next day.

The Hardware store works on them? I wounder when they started doing that. I used to work there and we never did then. Guess I will need to remember that if I have problems.

Yup, Not sure when the hardware store started working on mk's, I found out about it when I went into the big Scheels on 45th looking for a foot pedal a couple months ago and they told me I might have to go to the Scheels Hardware to get one since they do the work on minn kota's now...they probably started when they made the move.

Ya I suppose that might have added that when they moved. Of course I was 6 years ago when I worked there I suppose things could have changed since then grin.gif.

Thanks fellas. I ended up bringing it in to Bob's Trolling Motor repair in West Fargo. He took care of me right away. It was a bad compass.