• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First time on clearwater...need advice

I am considering heading out to clearwater this weekend. Without naming specific locations...where would one want to start looking for walleyes or crappies? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

there is a ton of structure out there, get on an edge and fish in 10- 15fow in the low light hrs. i use leeches out there most of the time, and when you get a hit it could be anything that swims in the lake. i've caught walleyes in the middle of milfoil fishin for bluegills with my kids. have fun!

There are some humps in the east side. Some of them have emergent veg. Find one that is about 10 -15 feet deep and work it with leech rigs. I have had some reasonable success in these areas. Good luck!

Last weekend we did really well using shiners in 18-22 feet of water, we had 16 walleyes between 15-21 inchces fishing for 3 hours saturday night and 2 hours sunday morning for 3 guys. We also got some crappies during the day in the reeds. We fished the east side of the lake and overall our group of 7 had about 40 walleyes for the weekend.