• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Are white bass eatable?

Dexter

Who told you White Bass aren't eatable?

White Bass is a member of the temperate bass family which includes White Bass, Yellow Bass, Stripped, & hybrid wiper.

The White Bass and Striper are very popular and good eating. More so down south there up here in the Midwest due to the popularity of Walleye & Crappie.

White bass are ok for eating. Especially the smaller ones. I usually keep a few of the smaller ones to throw into fish fry with the 'eyes.

I'd never had them before a few weeks back. All that hit the first day we were on Big Stone were white bass, so we kept a few to try. Not bad. Good enough we caught a few more the second day and had another meal. Brought the walleyes home to have with the wives.

There not that great to eat unless their smoked, fresh water drum are much better for eating, here sheepy,sheepy! wink.gif

They are about the worst thing i would eat, cut out the red part and they are edible- In the past i have kept them when times were tough and things were hard, now i usually give the walleyes away-which were hitting great this weekend-got over 15 in my boat sat. and sun. grin.gif