• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Calling Gene, Gene the Cubbie Loving Machine

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Only 2 games apart, Geno....

Are ya sweatin yet old man?

LOL

Windy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• genegodawa

• Spinner1

• mnwild

Funny you mentioned AJ. About 2 years ago I was at a Sox game against the Angels was sitting about 10 rows up behind home plate. The 1st time AJ came up bat as he walked to the plate I stood up and yelled "AJ YOU SUCK" (yes I was liquored up). You should of seeing the people turn around and say "you cant say that here" I looked at them and said I was from Minnesota and I had to put up with this clown for 6 years. All of a sudden everyone lightned up and said it was ok for me to say something like that. I wonder what they are yelling at him today. I thought I was going to get killed for saying that.. Just a little story I thought I would share.

Either you are very big MNWild, or you better learn to hold that liquour????

Just couldn't keep the piehole shut, huh Windy? Actually, I am very comfortable and starting to search for a nice avatar for you to display next mo.

No longer 2, is it?

Average I will say.. Even the people I was with asked me if I was nuts saying that. Atleast the Sox fans around me had a good laugh when I told them where I was from.

So I see we won't have a chance for the Barrett/AJ rematch during the upcoming city series.....Zambrano musta got to mgmt so they shipped Barrett to the Pads - I do not like this trade!

We'll see.

For an ex-Twin Rob Bowen, Minor league pitcher and cash considerations. Just read that on cubs.com. I thought Barrett was a good catcher??

Geno,

I likes the move as well as CNY, tee hee, I think we both knew that somebody had to go and it is easier to ship out a catcher rather than you entire starting pitching staff, LOL. Bad news for the Cubbies was that everybody knew that.

The big dance starts Friday. The show down at the Cell and all the inmates will be rocking, except "Rocky" Barrett and possibly D Lee (or should I call him "whiff" after that girly punch he threw) Let the games begin and may the best team get the avatar.

Windy

Windy,

Obviously it is easier to ship out the catcher instead of the whole pitching staff OR ELSE THE WSOX WOULD HAVE DONE IT BY NOW!

PS Sammy slams his 600th -- corked? I say not!

Not corked, but he was certainly juiced for about 300 of 'em.

Tru Dat Bottom Feeder!

Amen my brotha from anotha motha. Slammy was juiced for about half his dingers and corked for another quarter, so Congrats Slammy on your 150th legitimate home run!

Windy

Somehow I knew that would get a response out of the Sammy-lovers.......

You are correct oh wise one, LOL

Windy

CUBS STINK! I can't remember when they have found more ways to lose like a bunch of LLeaguers (my apologies to LLeaguers everywhere!) so many times in one (half)yr.

OK, Windy, so me and you only got this weekend series to be excited about. Here's hoping for LOTS of offense.

And may the least-bad team win!

Top of the dung heap, Geno! Here's to our city's continued futility. Come on, say it with me, Geno.......

WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!

Windy

Speaking of the Barrett/AJ rematch, I think we were all saddened, having been denied the chance to see something like this again:

barrettpierzynski_a.jpgbarrettpierzynski_b.jpg

geno - Could one of these possibly be windy's new avitar?

Nice try Schweady,

But this pot does not need stirring by any outsiders. Me and Geno do just fine on our own, we are the Boyzz from Illinoizz! Should Geno win this month, and it is looking very good for him that he will, I am sure that Geno will find a much more suitable avitar. He would not want to waste his avitar on a tool like Barrett who is no longer with the team. Should he ignore my advice and choose one of these I would have no problem putting that up. It prominently shows my beloved Pale Hose logo as well as showing a current player while showing an ex-Cubbie tool like Barrett. In fact, I hope he does choose one of these, should he win. Can you tell, I plays a little Poker????

Windy

Oh no you don't Windy. I likes the help I'm getting from Schweady. How appropo, a Cubbie taking out a WSox, since the Cubbies have taken BOTH series from them this year.

PS They did it with a LLeague play today, huh?

Alright Geno,

I am truly pi$$ed off at my boys. When I go to a restaurant and get a bad meal, I might try something else next time but if the food is bad, I DON'T RETURN. I am not one of those dopey Cub fans who go out no matter what kind of crap they trot out on the field and lately I am seeing a whole lot of crapola from my boys.

Send me your avitar and I am going to post it for the next MONTH, not just a week, that is how mad I am at them. I also will not be talking baseball for one month until I return from Cass Lake on August 5th. As Michael Corleone said about Fredo, THEY ARE DEAD TO ME! End of story.

I'm sure the Twinkie fans will have a hoot replying to this one but I don't care and they are not in any great shape either. I'm not swallowing any more of this garbage the Sox are dishing out. One stinking run yesterday and one today against a pitiful team like the Cubs, enough! Congrats for now, ole boy, you are on top of the dung heap. When they get better and show more effort I will return but for now, THEY ARE DEAD TO ME!

Windy

grin.gifgrin.gif windy, it is downright IMPOSSIBLE to not get involved in this one, as much as the Cubbies are taking it to your frighteningly pale guys. I just enjoy the pics for how typically idiodic AJ looks, especially the deer-in-the-headlights in the first one. Reminds me of when he was still a Twinkie.. 2002 ALDS.. Oakland Coliseum.. We were having one of those "you have GOT to be kidding" horrendous innings, and AJ just stood there on top of the plate, watching the play while yet another of the A's rounded the bases. And here a runner comes home and gives him a shove off the dish. Best part was the look the guy gave AJ, like "What the #@!! is wrong with YOU?"

Please don't give up, windy. Have the boys work on the suicide squeeze defense tomorrow during BP. Maybe your guys can still finish ahead the Royals. grin.gifgrin.gif

Very interesting Windy, but don't be a quitter....it's probably only a "June swoon" the WSox are experiencing....but at 9-25 since Ozzie's tirade, that is a real big swoon. Can't say as I blame you for giving up on them, and I don't care what you say about blindly watching whatever is on the field, but you are not a true fan if you can't stick with them through thin and thinner. What about hope for the young guys? Don't you want to see what they can do? You are PROVING to be a fair weather fan if you don't keep following your team all the way down to the cellar.

I'll be looking for an avatar for you soon.

I have stayed out of this up to now and frankly haven't been around much but as Schweady mentioned, this one is too ripe not to be picked. Yes, our Twinkies are not on top the the division but they are heads and tails ahead of your squad.

The rest can be covered with, "Holy bandwagon, Batman!"

Make it a good one Geno.

Hey Guys,

I'm not saying I won't be watching but it will be from a far and not with the intensity. I also won't be shelling out and dinero at the Cell. Right now this is not a team I want to watch so my days will be filled with other things, like setting up my 2 week trip to MN. My boys are on a "wait and see" list right now, should be interesting to see what Kenny does. I got to think Buehrle and Dye are history. I think Garland will stay and we will start the rebuilding process. They are still my boys and we still have the shiniest Championship ring amongst us FM'ers with the Twinks being a little tarnished and the Cubbies......I don't think Championship rings were invented the last time they won, were they Geno? LOL

Windy

Fishy,

heads and tails AND 8 games.

I might let Windy use this one to profess his Cubbie-love:

chc-1.jpg

or it might hurt more showing one of the smarter guys, who got outta the SSide in the nic-o-time:

magglio.jpg

Windy,

yep, that's right, let's throw out the baby with the bathwater!

Sorry about all the edits, guys, but this just came in about Buerhle's no-no, Garland's 2 17-win seasons, and that Championship Ring:

F-L-U-K-E!

Don't matter Geno,

Pick one you likes cause you deserve it. As far as F-L-U-K-E goes, the only thing I can say is "At Least We Got One" Sox Fluke - 1 Cubs Fluke.........Still waiting, after all these years, oh, still waiting after all these years. Pardon my Paul Simon reference there.

Windy

I'm still searching....here's one I hand-made for you:

I title it "The Broom"

results.jpg

And I still, haven't found, what I'm looking for....

Keep lookin Geno and let me know when you have a winner. Maybe you can conduct a poll with all the Twinkie lovers and you can come up with a consensus. Whatever it takes man. July 1st is coming.

Windy

All I know is you just referred to "all" the Twinkie lovers, meaning there are lots of them. And in an earlier post, you referred to "all" the fans that fill Wrigley.....funny, you just don't hear anybody say "all" the WSox fans!

Yea,

Cause Commanche bailed on me! LOL

Not too many Sox fans on a MINNESOTA website, Geno.

Are you yanking my chain or what, old boy?

Windy

I miss ol' Commanche. I wonder if he still thinks he would not trade any of the White Sox starters or Brandon McCarthy for Johan.

Does anyone recall what they got for Mcarthy, Garcia or have a guess at what they will get for Buehrle?

Also it makes you wonder how ol' Jim would feel about Johan having a higher batting average that all but one Sox (Pods), higher OBP but two Sox and a higher slugging pct than all.

I guess if the Twins don't make it interesting soon we will have to dedicate all our fun at the White Sox expense. Sorry Windy. As Wesley Snipes said, as Nino Brown in New Jack City, "Never personal, just business".