• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good fishing weekend for thieves

Last weekend we camped at a resort on river not far from the sportsmans. After some engine trouble we pull one of our boats out and parked it next to the camper. Woke up on Sunday Morning to find a VERY exspensive locator was stolen from the boat with a marine radio, all our Beer and Bottles.

We fished Sunday AM after we noticed our losses, we were back by Noon, packed up and ate lunch at the resort to find Someone took our rods and reels out of the back of the truck while we ate. I guess they hit a lot of other resorts up and down the river. You may have seen us on the lake, I'm pretty sure we were the only boat with all three guys wearing really ugly "Schlitz" hats.

Moral of the story, watch your equipment.

I hope that you notified the Sheriff or appropriate law enforcement. I know some kids we're going through the resorts a couple of years ago and stealing coolers full of beer at night. They eventually got caught.

It's always been nice to not have to take down my graphs and stuff every night when I'm at LOW. I'd really like to not have to go through all the extra work of locking everything up every night, and then taking it back out in the morning.

What makes me nervous is I had my boat outside Lake of the Woods Marina on Sunday. I called and they said they hadn't noticed anything when they worked on my boat, but they weren't really ever up inside of it. The only stuff I had in it that's really of value are the rods and reels and their really not brand new, the other thing would be all the spinners, and tackle that is in the boat. That would be hard to define a price on those.

I hope they get caught.

Ryan