• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

how to get to south center from the blaine area???

can anyone give me directions on how to get to south center from the blaine/anoka area?

i know how to get to chisago but not s. center.

and any tips on where to get the eye's early in the year.

any suggestions would be greatly aprreciated.thanx

confused.gif

welcome to FishingMinnesota TS... great to have you on the site!

Take 35 North and exit on HWY 8.. take that to Olinda Trail(should be a DQ on the right hand side) take a right, go down a little over a mile I think to 295th St. Take a left.. boat landing is about 2 blocks down on your left...

as for where the walleye are? I would drift lindy rigs with a leech around in 10-30 feet of water...I havn't been out there yet, but the landing was pretty vacant on sunday so I assume the bite was not all that good saturday... few were back.

thanx alot dietz. i hope there just wasnt anyone fishing!!!!! not that they werent biting.gonna get out there friday night after work

I was there on the opener and got one walleye about 8 inches long. I saw one other boat catch 2 bluegills, other than that no one was catching fish that I saw. I'm sure with more stable weather the fishing will improve.

BTW Man the curly-leaf pondweed was BAD!!! I haven't been on the lake early in the year for quite a while and boy it has changed. No wonder last summer it was pea green with no vegetation.

Quote:

boat landing is about 2 blocks down on your left...

It should read about 2 blocks down on your right...

I was with a group of 3 boats and we boated 2 walleyes, one was 14 the other just a hair over 16, my son tried to horse one in before getting the net and it got off a couple inches above the water. I tried to tell him to wait a second, but, you know us, instant gratification. shocked.gif

I want opinions. On opener, we had been catching sunnies. most were dinks, but, we started catching larger ones... average fish would have been just smaller than 8 inches, we kept 75 sunnies in this size range. I try to do the best I can at selective harvest, now before anyone jumps down my throat, there was 6 guys and we all wanted a meal, sunnies just ended up being on the menu. We were nowhere near our limit. There were none going over 9 inches and there may have been two in the mix at 9. Are these the better sizes to keep? Or what would be a better option?

It was typical metro area lake pannies.. it takes 3 to make one.

Hey Trout, just pick me up, I will lead you in the right direction. I am just accross the street in Blaine. I fish the area often enough, could maybe even put you on fish.

Tom

There are going to be a lot of opinions on that one... I personally think you were fine keeping what you did as long as none of them went to waste. You didn't keep any monsters, and the lake has a pretty healthy population of gills. I thnk your fine.

I will not waste a fish intentionally (I have had a freezer crap out on me once unfortunately fish was not the only thing lost). the other guys feel the same way.

Great day of fishing for the pannies. I think it is fine to keep that amount when you are not by yourself like you sated and you are going to be eating them. I bet they were tasty. good eatin!