• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Places to get lunch and a beverage on Leech

It's been a while since I've had a few days without my family to do some hard fishing on Leech. Does anyone have any recommendations on places with boat-up access for lunch/dinner and a beverage? Any location on the lake will work but ideally on the main lake or north or east side.

Any info on the bite would be greatly appreciated as well!

I will happily share a fishing report to anyone with info.

Thanks.

Trapper's Landing at Huddles resort. Good food good atmosphere, you can get their GPS cordinates off their website. Enjoy, Chris

Chris thanks for the vote,

The restaurant at Trapper's Landing is the BeachFire Grille. It's on the property of the Old Merit Lodge, just west of Huddles.

GPS Cordinates:

N 47'03.353

W 094'22.454

We are working on a dock-side to go service, we just have to get the marine radio up and going.

Here is a menu for you to look at!

Starters

Fresh Tomato Bruschetta $7

Farm fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, onion and garlic served

on top of fresh mozzarella cheese, on crostini with a balsamic

reduction drizzle.

Beef Sirloin Kabobs $12

Tender pieces of sirloin beef and vegetables seasoned with

fresh herbs & spices then grilled and served with sweet & sour barbeque sauce.

Walleye Fingers $10

Canadian coldwater walleye strips beer battered and fried,

served with lemon dill mayonnaise.

Loaded Tater Skins $8

Grande style potato skins smothered in cheddar, mozzarella,

green onions, bacon, tomato and sour cream.

Penn Yan Onion $7

A colossal onion deep fried with dark beer batter and served

with horseradish mayonnaise.

Hand Breaded Boneless Chicken Tenders $8

Our popular breaded chicken strips served with your choice

of honey mustard, barbecue or our spicy garlic hot sauce.

Coconut Shrimp $8

Hand breaded gulf shrimp served with pina colada sauce.

Soup and Salad

House Salad $4

Mesclun mixed greens with your choice of “classic” dressings.

Caesar Salad $4

A classic, served with parmesan cheese and sourdough croutons with homemade Caesar dressing.

Add grilled Chicken or Shrimp for $4 more.

The Wedge $6

A crisp iceberg lettuce wedge, bacon, tomatoes, sharp cheddar cheese and your choice of “classic” dressings.

Chicken Gorgonzola Salad $10

Grilled chicken breast set upon mesclun mixed greens with

pine nuts, red onion, gorgonzola and BeachFire Grille’s house Italian dressing.

House Made Soups $3 cup $5 bowl

Choose from our Minnesota Chicken & Wild Rice Gumbo

or our soup of the day.

Soup and Half Sandwich $7

Choose a cup of our Minnesota Chicken & Wild Rice Gumbo or

our soup of the day and pair it with a half sandwich. Choose from grilled ham & Cheddar, turkey & Swiss or a BLT.

Sandwiches

All sandwiches are served with your choice of hand-cut seasoned French fries, sweet potato fries or fresh fruit and house slaw

Wrapala $11

A BeachFire Grille specialty! A roasted tomato tortilla stuffed with beer battered Canadian walleye, sweet cabbage, avocado, tomato relish and shredded cheddar cheese.

Blackened Grouper Sandwich $12

Lightly blackened and served with a spicy chipotle mayonnaise, tomatoes and romaine on a pub style bun.

BeachFire Half Pound Burgers

(All burgers served on a pub style bun)

Bacon Cheeseburger $8

BBQ Bacon & Cheddar $8

Portobello & Swiss $9

Cajun Blue cheese with Andoulie Sausage $9

Be sure to stop in for lunch on Fridays for our $4 burgers!

The Old Merit Club $9

An old favorite stacked with mesquite roasted turkey, honey glazed ham, cheddar & swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion served on marble rye.

Rueben or Rachel $9

Your choice of corned beef or turkey with sauerkraut or slaw, Swiss cheese and roasted tomato mayonnaise piled on marble rye.

Dijon Chicken Sandwich $8

A tender breast of chicken grilled and topped with ham and Swiss cheese served with a side of honey Dijin mayonnaise.

Prime Rib Sandwich $11

Slow roasted and fresh sliced Prime Rib topped with caramelized onion, sautéed wild mushrooms, horseradish and herb infused cream cheese on a hearth baked hoagie.

Accompanied by herbed AuJus.

Braised BBQ Pork Sandwich $8

Slow braised pork shoulder shredded and combined with our

delicious St. Louis style BBQ sauce served in a pub style bun.

Grilled Vegetable Wrap $8

Grilled balsamic marinated Portobello mushrooms, roasted

peppers, caramelized onion, fresh basil leaves, tomato relish, herbed cream cheese and orzo pasta all rolled up in a roasted tomato tortilla.

Pasta

(Ask your server for vegetarian options)

All pastas include soup or salad

Fettuccini Alfredo $13

Fettuccini noodles smothered in our parmesan alfredo sauce.

Add grilled chicken or steak for only $4

Wild Rice Jambalaya $17

Gulf shrimp, Andoulie sausage, tomatoes, roasted peppers,

caramelized onions, cilantro and Cajun seasoning sautéed with wild rice and orzo.

Pasta de Angelina $16

Gulf shrimp, pancetta, pine nuts, red pepper flakes and basil sautéed and tossed with garlic infused olive oil and linguini pasta.

Main Course

All dinners include chef’s choice vegetables, bread, soup or salad and your choice of our colossal baked potato, garlic mashed or honey roasted sweet potatoes

Walleye Your Way $19

Beer battered or broiled, served with lemon dill aioli or tartar sauce.

Gulf Shrimp $21

Beer battered or broiled, served with lemon dill aioli or tartar sauce.

Wild Rice Stuffed Chicken $21

Chicken breast stuffed with locally harvested wild rice, blueberries, mozzarella cheese then hand-breaded and baked.

BeachFire Sirloin $18

An eight ounce sirloin grilled to perfection, finished by sautéeing in a sweet Bourbon glaze.

Ribeye $22

A ten ounce hand cut Ribeye grilled to your liking and topped with gorgonzola butter.

Filet Mignon $24

A seven ounce beef tenderloin wrapped in apple smoked bacon

grilled to perfection and smothered with sautéed mushrooms.

Bourbon Planked Sockeye Salmon $20

Alaskan Sockeye salmon grilled on a bourbon soaked cedar

plank, glazed with honey, brown sugar and butter.

Barbecue Ribs $18 (1/2 rack) $22 (full rack)

A generous poriton of St. Louis style beer basted ribs served with our homemade sweet barbecue sauce.

Blackened Grouper $20

Atlantic grouper Cajun seasoning then blackened.

Served with Cajun tartar sauce.

Hours until Memorial day are

Thursday 5-Close

Friday 11-Close

Saturday 11-Close

Sunday Brunch 9-2

After Memorial day 7 days a week Lunch and Dinner.

Tie up at the city dock and walk up to Benson's or Zona Rosa.

Pepper's was a great place, but is gone now.

I second Trapper's....

There food is prepared by a master chef.....

Ask Tom about the firetiger special-- um um good!!!!

Beef

Wow - I want to head up for lunch today!

Does anyone know if Horseshoe Bay/Pioneer has boat up chow? Any others? Looking for a little bit of variety.

Thanks again for the information.

Quote:

Wow - I want to head up for lunch today!

Does anyone know if Horseshoe Bay/Pioneer has boat up chow? Any others? Looking for a little bit of variety.

Thanks again for the information.

Yes they do and very good food!!

Quote:

It's been a while since I've had a few days without my family to do some hard fishing on Leech. Does anyone have any recommendations on places with boat-up access for lunch/dinner and a beverage? Any location on the lake will work but ideally on the main lake or north or east side.

Any info on the bite would be greatly appreciated as well!

I will happily share a fishing report to anyone with info.

Thanks.

You need to check out Hiawatha Beach Resort on Steamboat Bay of Leech Lake. The lodge was totally remodeled two winters ago and it is absolutely amazing. It is by far the nicest building on the entire lake, you will be blown away. They have a full bar and full menu plus pleanty of dock space to dock your boat. To top it off, the Jacobsons (Owners) are awesome people. Take my advice, you will not be disappointed.

P.S......The bacon cheeseburgers are mouthwateringly good!!