• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Kylersk

Boat registration

Kylersk

I bought my boat from Cabelas back In mid March.

Picked up the boat about a week later.

Blew the original Engine about a week later.

Had them order a new motor 2 weeks later, rather than repair the original.

Little over 2 weeks later I had the boat back.

Since then, I've been using a 21 day permit for the Trailer and Cabelas has been sending me 10 day boating permits.

Well, the 21 day trailer permit expired last week or so and now my 3rd 10 day permit expired this past weekend.

I guess the original owner, from ND, lost his title. Since the boat was never registered in MN it was more complicated than Cabela's thought. Also, they wanted to wait to see what I was going to do with the boat after the motor blew.

I called Cabelas last Thursday to let them know my 21 day had expired and I was informed that all the paper work was back and all they had to do was run it to the DMV and pick it up on Friday. I was told they'd next day mail the registration to me.

Today is Tuesday.. Still no registration in my hands.

Call down to Cabelas and they say "My hands are tied, it's sitting down at the DMV".

This whole boat ordeal has become a major pain in the butt... I'm really glad I decided to stay home for opener or I really would be upset..

Guess my boat will have to sit in the garage for a few more days, while I wait for the registration. mad.gif

Had to vent a bit..

iffwalleyes

You should be able to use it. The DMV is so fricken slow on these it is rediculous. We got a new boat last year in April and I think that I had it by June finally. The dealer told me that if any tickets were issuesed after my temp permit expired that they would take care of it.

harvey lee

My 21 day permit is about to expire and I am going fishing next week. Id the DMV cannot get thier end of the deal done then that is to bad and I will deal with it when I get stopped.

Its paid for.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• crappieslapper
      Hi Guys & Gals, My brother in law recently purchased a property on Ely Lake. All the boys are invited up this year on Memorial. Unfortunately nobody in the family has been on the lake before. I thought I would reach out to the pros here on the forum to see if anyone would be willing to give us a few tips on fishing this lake. Thanks in advance, Dan
    • crappieslapper
      Hey Forum, My brother in law just purchased on Ely Lake. Memorial weekend will be the first time on lake. Wondering if anyone has some experience/tips they would be willing to offer the Ely lake rookies. Thanks so much. Dan
    • huntnfish
      I made it out last Sunday and did some searching for walleye. The search didn't produce any walleyes, just northerns and smallies. The water temp on the main lake was 58-59 with the bays being about 5 degrees warmer. The people I have talked to have had similar issues finding the eyes. We missed some fish that left the shiner all chewed up. Most of the fish marked were out in that 18-21 foot range which seemed pretty deep for this early. It could have been Saturday's cold front that pushed them a little deeper though. 
    • Hoey
      SRJ - Thanks for the report.  I heard the bite was very-good to excellent, off the rocks/reefs, in the mud/sand.  I will be at the lake fishing this weekend.  
    • srj
      What a couple perfect days for LOW on Monday-Tuesday. Fish seemed to be biting well from shallow to deep and from the south side to up north.  Caught fish from 7 - 28 feet in good numbers and sized from small to large. There seemed to be a lot more fish on sand and mud than rocks. Quite a few males caught near rocks were full of milt. Biggest an 28 1/4. Most on jig and minnow but some on crankbaits. Sure a big pack of charters hanging around the Knight Island shoal. Warm, calm and no bugs!! Hope Memorial weekend winds stay light. My new to me Ipilot Link Bluetooth remote somehow changed to German, Dutch or some other language on the display. Anybody ever have that happen? Good luck this weekend.
    • Mitch K
      Nah it was maybe 6-7 inch, maybe it'll be a keeper next year.
    • Stephen L Johnston Jr.
      Wow, thats like a 15lb walleye given that length. Wish i could see such a Waldo, too bad they are not part of this forum!
    • jigging-matt
      Nice pics.  Can't wait to get out this weekend and give it a try.
    • Nix769
    • curt quesnell
      Sunshine, pleasant temps, no wind, no bugs a perfect week to be out on LOTW. Oh yes, fish are going crazy....This weeks NCOR Vid shares what is working..Enjoy!