• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boat registration

I bought my boat from Cabelas back In mid March.

Picked up the boat about a week later.

Blew the original Engine about a week later.

Had them order a new motor 2 weeks later, rather than repair the original.

Little over 2 weeks later I had the boat back.

Since then, I've been using a 21 day permit for the Trailer and Cabelas has been sending me 10 day boating permits.

Well, the 21 day trailer permit expired last week or so and now my 3rd 10 day permit expired this past weekend.

I guess the original owner, from ND, lost his title. Since the boat was never registered in MN it was more complicated than Cabela's thought. Also, they wanted to wait to see what I was going to do with the boat after the motor blew.

I called Cabelas last Thursday to let them know my 21 day had expired and I was informed that all the paper work was back and all they had to do was run it to the DMV and pick it up on Friday. I was told they'd next day mail the registration to me.

Today is Tuesday.. Still no registration in my hands.

Call down to Cabelas and they say "My hands are tied, it's sitting down at the DMV".

This whole boat ordeal has become a major pain in the butt... I'm really glad I decided to stay home for opener or I really would be upset..

Guess my boat will have to sit in the garage for a few more days, while I wait for the registration. mad.gif

Had to vent a bit..

You should be able to use it. The DMV is so fricken slow on these it is rediculous. We got a new boat last year in April and I think that I had it by June finally. The dealer told me that if any tickets were issuesed after my temp permit expired that they would take care of it.

My 21 day permit is about to expire and I am going fishing next week. Id the DMV cannot get thier end of the deal done then that is to bad and I will deal with it when I get stopped.

Its paid for.