• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tonka

That's not very nice man. I don't go telling you that. Nor am I a Taxidermist. I dont mount fish, wild game of any sort on the walls of my house. To me the memory is enough bud. If you were to tell of such a story I know would've been polite to you.

I can take criticism but not putdowns. So i'll leave it at that troll. As I said in my first post, believe what you want. I am fine with that. I practice C&R but hardly CPR. Maybe I should more often.

And for the record that eye wasn't caught by me nor am I going to provide any more proof of anything whatsoever to the next troll in line. However I guess for future references i'll keep my stories to myself since sharing such only results in people calling me out.

I am done with this thread. If more people like you feel the need to rant on be my guess.

"But on the positive note you should at least be happy to know Tonka holds such big eyes, something I didn't believe myself."

Wacbass you cant just come on here saying that about someone. Beleive him if you want to...Its your opinion, but you cant just come on here calling someone out like that.

Im not sayin that you have to believe him, but you shouldnt just come on here accusing someone of lying. Who cares if he doesnt hav pics. Let him post what he wants, it shouldnt mater whether you believe him or not, just let it go and dont say anything.

Bassman, you might want to think about your logic on how you have read 3 or 4 of Andy's nearly 370 posts and determined conclusively that all he contributes to the forum is stories about 30+ fish.

Get over it, dude. If you don't believe him... go for it. But if you can't play nice, maybe you should go find somewhere else to play.

Wacbassman is without a doubt breaking the rules of this forum. NO PERSONAL PUTDOWNS period. Edited for that reason. And I seldom take a camera with me anymore so no photos of big fish is entirely probable in my book. My avatar fish required a quick run to Everts resort cuz I knew Dean had a camera and we didn't. Can't do that on Tonka.

OK ..... well It is nice to see we all play well with others. I go fishing for one night and come back to this. WOW!

Anyway back to the subject. We had a small tournament out there last night. We had 14 teams. I tried using the trolling motor and moving real slow along a 11 foot weed edge on the east side of the lake. I tried jigs with and with out tails, with leaches and Fatheads. Well I am sorry to report that I did not get one Walleye. We only found the Northers. Some in our group did better. I think I saw almost 10 Walters weighed in. So that is my report and next we are of to Waconia. Hopefully I will be able to do better there.

Well, if you guys weren't out fishing last night, something was wrong w/ ya. Yesterday was probably one of the better days so far this year. Right around 7:00-7:30 last night on the southwest side the panfish action was extremely hot!!! About 2-3 schools of crappie were breaking surface nonstop until about 8:30 in the no-wind + little fog conditions. Parked in the middle of the schools and nonstop action. My brother caught a handful of northerns casting around the school and had a very nice ski to boatside when she decided it was time to go and ran off with his bucktail. Looked like a mid 40 fish in the water. There was a lotta big fish on the schools, every 5-10mins there would be blow-ups and the crappie would relocate and regroup. Fish were concentrated around hump into 14-15 ft. I believe water temp was around 70. Conditions couldnt' be better after that rain. Didn't get any cracks at the eyes, our intention until we spotted the water action and switched over to panfish. Then to northerns once big fish were popping into the schools. Goodluck.

Thought i'd lighten the direction of this post with my best one from tonka so far this year, West end 30" fish...caught on a pink squirrly tailed whizzaroo... grin.gif I swear it's true...give or take 5"... opener 07 010.jpg

Nice fish Jerk'n. That is definitely a 30" fish if your hands are about 10" wide :-)

I love how people take pictures of fish.

It really does get old, so many people on here are so quick to discredit and disagree it is pathetic. Not having a picture doesnt mean anything, many people dont have a camera with them when fishing. Even when there is a pic, unless its held up to a ruler, you get non-believers. As already stated, you dont have to believe, but PLEASE quit with the crap before more people leave this site beacause of it. Maybe we would get more registered viewers that contribute instead of "anonymous" if the responses to posts were not negative.

FM is a great site full of information, a great place to get just about any fishing question answered fast, and a great place to share fishing experiences.

Sorry to rant, I enjoy this website and hate to see the negativity. Congrats on your fish Andy, glad you got into some big tonka eyes.

It does get old. Because of this, I dont even bother posting up pictures anymore.

Quote:

My point was not that he didn't have a pic. It was that every post I see of his he's catching 100's of eyes every time he goes out. I hate it when people post bs reports. sorry to piss every one of for giving my opinion. this web site has been the death of many of the lakes in metro hydes to name one. I'm done with this topic and this site all together so if you all want to keep wasting your talking about what bad person I'am for posting my opinion go right ahead this is just stupid.

LOL.. 100's of eyes. Wow. Where did you get that number? I surely wish I could accomplish that feat. No really.

I think you let the mis-reading & judgement get the better part of you. Your probably refering to my post of South Metro eyes where I caught a bunch of little 6-8 inchers and was stump to as where the bigger fish was? Little eyes are nothing to brag about. I was merely curious to why and a few members on here instantly knew what lake/pond I was talking about because they too had experience similiar results with it. They help me realize that body of water was reclaimed some years ago that's why the eyes were small.

But anyhow, I don't know how someone can come in here and criticise a person just because they had a good day of fishing and shared it.

Can't we just all get along? Keep them great fishing stories coming. Tonka's a great fishery. But you folks don't need me to tell you that. Get out there and fish!

Hey Matt,Dietz,BDR,or Mark

Can we get this post deleted? It is way off topic & of no use to the fishing community on what is working on Tonka.

This is a big body of water & I would like to know what is happening on the lake. Not what others opinions are on whether we can or can not boat 30 eyes in a day's outing. BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.

Thanks,

Chris

I think it's funny how everyone thinks this post is out of hand....ONE person got a little overboard w/ accusations. Face it, tonka is a tough lake and people DO have trouble finding eyes out there...People coming in claiming monster days is hard for some to believe. I think anything is possible out there as it has some incredible fishing for all species..I HAVE posted what has been working for me...I repeat, jig and fathead along the weedlines..Getting the right weedlines is obviously the trick. I think some people need to lighten up a little and learn to have a little sense of humor now and then...If you read some of these posts they are very informative...Maybe I should be offended because I was called out on how I hold my fish? grin.gif

Quote:

Hey Matt,Dietz,BDR,or Mark

Can we get this post deleted? It is way off topic & of no use to the fishing community on what is working on Tonka.

This is a big body of water & I would like to know what is happening on the lake. Not what others opinions are on whether we can or can not boat 30 eyes in a day's outing. BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.

Thanks,

Chris

Wow, delete posts over this? If one guy comes on, names that they caught a ton of fish (no pics or info) and that is of use to our fishing community?

lets get back to talking about our metro lakes instead of posts like this.

Jerk'em,

Your input has been great thanks for your posts!

Meatwad,

I was just saying it got way off topic "Tonka!" go read the first post!

KAZ & Wacbassman Thanks for getting rid of the nonsense! We need to remember this is a family site & people come to this to learn about what is working on the lake. cool.gif

SportFishin'

As a newcomer to this site I hope I don’t offend anyone by bringing the topic back to “fishing”. I’ve fished tonka my whole life, albeit on an inconsistent basis. Over the last few years I mainly fished for bass & muskie.

Over the weekend myself and a few friends went out with a scoop of fatheads for a little jiggy action. To my surprise we hooked up with a nice little walleye and a few northern fishing in 15 feet of water off a weed edge.

Is midday walleye fishing typically productive on this lake? Or do you need to be up with the sun or on the lake at sundown to seriously get into some action?

First question=> Tonka ia way better at sunup and sundown than midday unless you are chasing sunnies.

I was up north over the weekend in the Walker area and haven't been able to get out on tonka yet so not sure how the bite is going. From prior years throwing floating Raps and Husky jerks up shallow after sunset will get you walleyes if you don't want to jig or rig. Trolling the same cranks over the tops of weed beds and inside edges will also work but the key is being shallow during the low light periods. By mid June the eyes should have dropped back to the deeper water. Weather permitting I will be out tonight chasing eyes and pike so I hope to have a better report.

Is it to early to fish leeches? I'm planning on fishing tonight if the weather holds. I have been going with fatheads and small suckers for walleyes / northerns so far. Curious to get your input on leaches this time of year -

Jig and a leech HAS been producing decent numbers of eyes on the medium depth (10-14 ft) weed edges.

I was out over the weekend and had some luck with both fatheads and leaches. I was running a slip bobber a foot or so off the bottom in 15 - 18 feet. We had some good action with the slip bobber and jigging but nothing with any size was caught.

Fazzy,

I had the same experience this weekend. Bobber and leech worked well 8-15 FOW, but all smaller fish. Plenty of consistent action after dark though.

Good to here your having some action. I would assume the fish will begin to move again as the weather warms but until then it's time to Giv'er. Just got my boat fixed so I'll be back out again tomorrow. I'm sure the boat traffic will be picking up big-time this weekend.