• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunken Yarcraft

HAppnhook

If you know they guy who's boat sunk on Sunday near Big Point, I may have some coordinates for him if he is looking to retrieve some gear.

Make sure your bilges are always operational, and be sure to check the automatic floats regularly, especially when back trolling in rough water.

Oops. Hope he was wearing his life vest and everyone was ok.

That guy posted on another site that a buddy towed his boat to shore and everybody was allright.

I know he had some rods with his name on them that he would really like back. I also have the coordinates and will try to help him get his stuff back. Everyone is OK and the Yar Craft is in the shop being fixed. If anyone finds any of his stuff I can get in contact with him. I am sure he would appreciate it.

HAppnhook, was that you that stopped out to help?

Yeah, it looked like things were under control. It was real impressive how you got to them that quick.

Looked like you were putting the hurt on the fish as well. 25' was the magic number for us all weekend.

yeah, I saw what I though was a little panic going on in the boat and then noticed how low it was riding. I told my brothers to reel up, they need help. When we got there there was too much water in the boat already and it didn't take long to roll. Everyone got to shore safe and the boat can be fixed. Thanks for coming over and offering your help as well. There wasn't much left to do but tow the boat to shore.

We were doing pretty well and having a ball. It seemed to be 27' was better for me, but earlier that day it was the 25' depth that was producing.

They guy can be found at IDA in the mille lacs forum.

Thumbs up to you again Nova!

They owe you a beer!!! And I am glad they got it out and in for repairs. We were bummed thinking about all of hte electronics and stuff, but that is what insurance is for. My brother in law and I were out on 3-mile a few years back fishing in 6-7' waves and his bilge was not working. We were taking waves over the bow and dang near sunk. Took us an hour putting through the waves to empty it once we got the pumps working. Had we gone down, there was no one around to bail us out. It was no fun.

There must have been a little break from 22-27' there as on the upside it was snag city and below that was strike city. You had the backtrolling down! I picked up one fish that felt like a trophy, best walleye fight ever and he kept running down deep. Started to think it was a musky. When we pulled it up it was 25" Really threw me off, what a fun fight!