• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Little Boy - Wabedo Reports?

I'm not big on the opening day circus, so I spent the weekend primarily getting chores out of the way so I can get on the water after the circus pulls out of town. That doesn't mean I'm not curious about hearing reports on what went on or is going on out there! Thanks in advance for your postings.......

Tons of ankle biters..9-13 inchers everywhere. I must have went through 300 minnows. crazy.gif

You must have been on LB.

Were you by the channel bridge?

yeah, I was on little boy and just about everywhere on the lake. I live in muskie bay so I get to spend lots of time fishing it.

Things are still the same. I fished Wednesday night and Thursday. Caught 11 walleyes but only 4 were over 14 inches and they were just over. The rest were around 12. Seems that the females have not put on the feed bag yet after the spawn. Seems a bit strange with the warm weather. You would think that they would be going by now. I did have one nicer fish on Thursday afternoon but she threw the hook. (yeah, I know the big ones always get away...)

The muskies are moving. Had one around 24 inches chase my crankbait when I was casting off a dock. Actually boated a 28 incher that hit a rainbow on a spinner.

Plan on making my 7th trip to the lakes on june 15,16,17 my friends and i go every year its about a week later then normal but i cant think the lake could change that much we are staying at little ponda resort this year. Any info on the resort or lake for that time of year would be great. We fish for everything and don't keep any except panfish and not to many of them

I was just wondering what were some of the water temps around there, plan on coming up and just curious??

Thanks

I had some decent luck tonight. Boated 10 walleye, 8 13-14", one 19" and one spawned out 25" female, all of which were released. Big shiners on an orange and yellow jig took them all.

Fishing should be pretty good when you get there. Ray and his wife are very nice people and Ray really knows Wabedo, so squeeze him for current conditions and suggestions. Have a great trip. I live accross they bay from them.

A neighbor and I ventured out to LB for about an hour on Saturday night to find gale force winds blowing straight down the lake and upper 30's to low 40's temps. I think the windchill must have been in the 20's. We drift fished (probably too fast) the 17-10 foot range and caught 2 and missed a number of fish that were tail taggers in the fast drift. I would have set a drift sock out, but hate to do it that shallow and with our trip being short and with the cold temps..... Well you know..

I will ask him when we get there has the fish spawned up there yet the last couple of years it was just getting done on the first week of june this year we planned a week later to let them rest for a while

I live in eau claire wi go west from the twin cities and they are done over here it seems to be early for the spawn

does anyone know what the water temps are up there we might be coming up a week earlier for a day trip to check out the resort and to fish a little any info would be great.

also is the channel open between the lakes and would a 17 foot bass boat and a 16 foot lund

my last post i said i was west of the twin cities well its to the east of it

Last weekend the water was 59.5 just about everywhere on LB and there was no problems going between Wab and LB thru the channel. All size boats were going back and forth. Also, fishing was great!

Thanks for the info if you see two guy's in a stratus bass boat from WI feel free to stop buy and let us know how to catch more fish is the crappie bite still good out in front of the resort and can you get into the pug hole's to get out of the wind on rough day's?

I did hear the lake/may flies were hatching in LB last week.

Any new reports since the warmer weather?

I haven't had a chance to get out in a while.......

Hoping to make a swap this weekend (fish 1st - chores last)

I like this program better!!!!!

we just got back from there and it rained on us a little on friday those drops were the size of golf balls but we still got alot of fish. Seen several musky there isn't any walleye in either lake smallies and sunnies were on there bed. saturday was perfect for being on the lake. Largemouth were all over on the points going into musky bay. Largest smallie was 4.10lb biggest musky was about 40" (seen not caught)

rain was not fun to pack up camp in on sunday. White head with yellow skirt for crappie and panfish. 3 inch gray straight rubber worm for LM bass anything for 20" northern

Thanks Marlinfan!

No eyes this trip?

I have to assume the hammer handles pestered you............

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to be on Little Boy this weekend? I will be at the Little Boy resort Thursday thru Sunday. I will be in a 16 foot (White) AlumaCraft Lunker 40 HP Merc. If you see me on the lake swing over and say hi.

Andy Martin

wondering how you did over the weekend. This BB has been pretty dead. Had some panfish luck near the weeds and some walleye on Lindy Rigs and crawlers nothing on leeches. Don't fish for northern but caught a few on the spinner action in front of crawlers. Anyone else? Or is it so good you won't report? Keep you knot tight and your line fresh.

Spent the past 7 days up there and didn't do very well at all. Some small northern. Didn't see a muskie. 2 walleye. Also fished Wabedo, Boy & Mule w/ very little luck. Must be bad fishing as there is no chance it is my fault grin.gif

I'm finally going to get a chance to get back up this weekend (hopefully). Working through weekends stinks!!!!

Has anyone been out and if so, any reports? I don't care what it is with the exception of those over abundant rock bass..... I just need something pullin' on my line!

I fished pretty hard for muskies over the 4th with only 1 sighting to show for it...but the pike were all over the place as usual.

I'm going to be in the area for a week (My Bachelor Party is the weekend of August 18th) I was thinking about hitting Wabedo the Day before... Does/can anyone give me any tips...

I'd like to get into a Musky or some Walleye if I could... But Smallie action would also be fun...

As I understand it... From where I'm coming from the I'll be launching out of the South Landing on Wabedo.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Considering going back to Wab/LB in late September for muskies. How was the fall muskie bite last year?

We hit it the weekend after the big coldfront in mid-October and only raised one fish. Didn't feel like we got to see what Wab/LB is capable of so we're debating a return trip or heading elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

DB

Fished both last year the last week of September. Raised 1 on LB, none on Wabedo. Not the best muskie fisherman alive, but sure thought I would see more.

hey joe u been out cat fishin? whered ya hook into that one i have been wantin to hit up a river and hook into some big cats. give me a call some time we got to hit the lake this summer.

iceman

Wondering about the water levels on Wab & LB. I know Wab is way down - Can an 18ft boat still get between the 2 lakes without a whole lot of concern?

I would say so. I have a 16ft Explorer (90" beam) and had no problems but saw lots of traffic each way. Not sure if your boat drafts that much more water but I didn't have a problem 3 weeks ago.

Good luck,

NC

I'll be up chasing muskies again this weekend, thinking about trying some night fishing since my last few outings have been tough on me. Anyone have any luck night fishing?

Hey shawn...they all come out of the red in fargo, you should come up. Whats your email, we can talk.