• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

cenaiko lake - coon rapids dam

I live right down the road from this 30 acre trout pond and visited it twice this weekend for opener and just wondering how anyone else did . I got my limit sunday evening casting a 1/8 oz. gold kastmaster spoon at the southern end of the lake in about 2 hours. The rainbows ranged from 11'' - 14'' . I noticed others fishing about 3 feet in depth with waxies with some success also. Just checking in. I'll post pics later when I get them off my phone.

Brenen - Tell Chris Britton he doesn't know how to fish and never will grin.gif Also you should keep these little lakes secret. Its going to be a zoo out there now.

Welcome to the site! Glad to see that you are catching, and hope to hear more from you again.

Just a heads up: This site kinda frowns upon pictures of fish on the cleaning table, but welcomes any action fish shots from a boat, ice, or anything along those lines. Nice pile of fish, though.

Hope that your spot continues to produce for you, and once again, welcome!

I was out Saturday morning and sunday evening. My two day total is......7 SUNNIES! Thats all I caught. I did see a nice 6-7 pound rainbow come out next to us by the beach.

It was already a zoo out there. I thoguht I was early getting there at 7:45am, when I arrived, I couldnt find a place to park. Must of been hundreds of people at one point. Anyone else have any luck? FYI there is a CENAIKO thread in the TROUT section. Good luck!

Seems many say "oh oh.. not this little pond is going to be hit hard!"... does that really happen? Brennen, or anyone else, has the pressure increased unduly since this post was made?

Naw....Theres always fishing pressure on this lake. Its no secret or nothing, DNR publishes it on their site. I've officially attended 3 Cenaiko openers and I've seen the same amount of people (give or take) every time. Usually there are hundreds of people on opener and it slowly tapers off. I was down there last night and I could count the number of people, about 30 or so. Besides....just because there are kajillion people doesnt mean they are hitting trout either. My 3 day total for this opener is Trout: 0 (one missed hook set, (Contact Us Please) LINE SLACK!) Sunnies: 190382149071295870921790242 and BULLHEAD: 1 (about 1 pound haha. But yes, the crowds taper off about the 2nd week. Anyone else been down there? Maybe I bumped into yall?? grin.gif

I haven't noticed any increased fishing pressure since I posted this and like previously said, it tapers off. I've been down there everyday since opener, and most likely will continue, and today was my first day with no trout. I suppose the high winds and low pressure didn't help much, although I did see one guy leave with a nice keeper. About the canoes , the answer is no.

No they dont. Not even the floating fishing tubes. It's a fairly small lake, so a canoe wouldn't have much of an advantage over shore fishing anyways. What I do is just wade around in my waders, it gives me that extra couple of feet when i'm casting. Good luck!

Ah that's why I don't ever see anyone floating anything on that lake.

I have seen it happen at many lakes. The one that really kills me is the the lake of the week in the paper. They put the smaller lakes that hold a lot of walleyes in as the lake of the week and bam 100's of people show up. I don't care if it is the bigger lakes, but when they give up these little lakes and locations where the fish hang it kind ticks me off. I know they are trying to promote fishing but promote the big lakes not the little guys. Make people go out and do some exploring, it makes it more fun when you find it yourself. Get your chubby ace off the computer and go out and find a good spot for yourself. blush.gif

hey wallace , chris says he can outfish you with a mickey mouse pole and a paperclip.

I seriously doubt this lake is a secret to anyone in the Metro areas unless your from out of town.

Quote:

I seriously doubt this lake is a secret to anyone in the Metro areas unless your from out of town.

True, this lake is no secret, I alawys knew it was stocked with trouts. However, I never knew how good of a trout lake it was until I read these forrums..I guess cause I have never really tried it. But anyways, Thanks guys... I will help spread the word to my people... Im guessing opening day is the best time to fish it since trouts are stocked right before........ Reading these forrums do pay off grin.gif

I fish cenaiko almost every day, i catch an alright amount of fish.I also fish cenaiko all year that it is open, in the winter too. I just wanted to get this off my chest....to all you people who think that u can come and catch 5, go bring those home and come back and get 5 more and so on and so on...... U CANT DO THAT.....IT IS ILLEGAL...THE NEXT PERSON I SEE DOING IT I WILL GET YOUR LICENSE PLATE AND CALL TIP ON YOU....IF U WANNA POACH DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE...THANK YOU.

Quote:

I fish cenaiko almost every day, i catch an alright amount of fish.I also fish cenaiko all year that it is open, in the winter too. I just wanted to get this off my chest....to all you people who think that u can come and catch 5, go bring those home and come back and get 5 more and so on and so on...... U CANT DO THAT.....IT IS ILLEGAL...THE NEXT PERSON I SEE DOING IT I WILL GET YOUR LICENSE PLATE AND CALL TIP ON YOU....IF U WANNA POACH DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE...THANK YOU.

So I take it you have observed quite a few people doing this? Why not call tip already?