• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Saturdays results?

How did everyone do this weekend? Myself the wife and our two pooches hit the big pond with pretty good results on Saturday. Caught around 25 'eyes and a dozen northerns. One of the nicer limits I have personally took home from LOTW in a while. Did manage 2 nice ones also along with a couple in the slot.

DSC00085full.jpg

DSC00088full.jpg

later,

toddb

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

You are a wise one winonaman. I am so glad someone finally caught me. I am such a pathological liar I almost can't stand to be in the same boat with my own ego! Here's how it went- I catch this fish you know, a pretty nice one even by my high standards. I think to myself, maybe I should throw her in the livewell for 90 minutes or so and have my wife take another picture. No one would ever think that they were the same fish in a million years blush.gif. She even thought it was a good idea. Women know that a man's ego needs to be stroked a little every once in a while. I'm not saying you may be a touch jealous, but post photos of your weekends catch and I will critique yours. Watch who you call a liar man, especially when you have no clue what you are talking about.

tongue.gif

later,

toddb

Nice fish Todd.

My boy and I had a fun day also. We caught a couple big ones too.

1/2 day on the water, and 1/2 day on the Links... as we are watching Hockey night in Canada as the night winds down... my boy says... it don't get any better then this dad... we both fell asleep during OT... grin.gif

I'll see if i can put up a picture tomorrow.

Very nice! Don't let the nay sayers get to ya man. Congrats to ya and thanks for posting the pictures!

thanks guys,

Widetrack-Sounds like you had a great day. Did you get your bigguns on hard baits or live bait. All our fish came on #7 shad raps trolled at 1.5 to 2.0 mph in a very popular early season location as yopu can see by the pic. There was only 1 other boat fishing there when we started and it steadily got busier as the day got warmer. A little chilly on the ride across Muskeg Bay! Looks like it will be another great year on the pond. cool.gif

later,

toddb

Todd,

I think I see my cabin in the background... grin.gif

We caught fish mainly on hard baits. 1.8 was about the best speed. We did do some jig fishing and had fun catching fish that way as well.

I think I see you on the fairway

WT, can you send me an e-mail? My contact book got erased last week.

Thanks.

Quote:

Yea right nothin like posting the same fish at 2 different camera angels who you trying to kid here man grow up
shocked.gif

Isn't it amazing that even with evidence such as wet bibs in the first picture and dry bibs in the second one, people still need to justify their own personal fishing shortcomings by negatively attacking another.

Nice fish man! And I really like cameras that post the time of the pictures in the lower right hand corner so you justify your catches to the non-believer.

CA

nice fish toddb, its been awhile since i've been to low, i sure do miss it! i need to know how you repaired that cut in the white of the tail in the first photo and how you did it so fast because its not there in the 2nd one. that would have taken me all day! you must have been a cut man at some time in your life!

JUST LIKE TO SAY NICE FISH! I HONESTLY CANT BELIEVE THAT ANOTHER SO CALLED "FISHERMAN" WOULD MAKE A POST LIKE THAT. U DONT HAVE TO BE A CSI TECHNICIAN TO SEE THAT THEY ARE DIFFERENT FISH. I WASNT ABLE TO GET OUT DUE TO THE WONDERFUL THING CALLED WORK BUT IM GLAD FOR ALL WHO DID. AGAIN, NICE FISH, AND IF U GET MORE LIKE THAT, EVEN IF THEY'RE THE "SAME", grin.gif POST PICS AGAIN!

If you follow this forum at all you saw Todd's pictures from last summer. I think by those pictures I would have to say he knows what he is doing. Those are some nice fish for sure. I have got to get up there this summer for so open water action.

iffwalleyes,

It's alot of luck, if I knew what I was doing I wouldn't have driven 85 miles yesterday to fish in a wind tunnel! wink.gif

Did catch a nice limit but not alot more (23" was the biggest). Boat control was next to impossible with the wind, but there were alot of fish on the locator to be caught. Drift speeds were around 1.5 mph and I couldn't troll less than 2.5 mph if I wanted to be able to steer the boat. Fished west of the blinker in 14' to 16'.

later,

toddb

Nice fish Todd. What blinker do you speak of?

Are shiners a issue up there to locate? I enjoy your photos keep posting them. They keep us folks who cant get there as often dreaming of days on the water on LOW!

thanks

iffwalleyes couldn't have said it any better, keep the pics coming.

wicky,

The "blinker" is the red lighted buoy straight out from the Warroad city access "The Jetty". Pretty good early season fishing there if the wind is bad and you can't get out on the lake. Shiners in Roseau and Warroad are hard to find usually, but I usually don't look to hard for them as I pull cranks most of the time. I did get a few decent eaters on leeches the other day west of the blinker.

later,

toddb

I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW YOU TAKE A PICTURE WITH TWO CAMERA "ANGELS". THAT WOULD BE QUITE A FEAT. I ALWAYS FIND IT HUMOROUS WHEN PEOPLE RIP SOMEONE ELSE FOR A PICTURE, BUT CAN'T SEEM TO SPEL VARY GOODER WEN THAY POAST THARE COMENTS. tongue.gif

NICE LOOKING FISH.

Great fish don't let anybody try to put those down...

I just looked at a few of winnona's posts and I agree he really has some grammatical issues. I suppose it is all of the IM’ing shorthand “MAN”

shocked.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Quote:

I'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW YOU TAKE A PICTURE WITH TWO CAMERA "ANGELS". THAT WOULD BE QUITE A FEAT. I ALWAYS FIND IT HUMOROUS WHEN PEOPLE RIP SOMEONE ELSE FOR A PICTURE, BUT CAN'T SEEM TO SPEL VARY GOODER WEN THAY POAST THARE COMENTS.
tongue.gif

NICE LOOKING FISH.

What are camera angels?? Is that like the Guardian Angels??