• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

miltona opener, stayed at woodland resort, excellent...

Had a great time this weekend! was part of a group in cabins 5 and 8. Fishing was ok, got into a few bass, perch, and I caught the only 2 walleye in our group, lol. if anyone is thinking of vacationing, stay at woodland. Cabins are great, spacious, and have a touch of home in them. I felt as if I was in someone's private cabin with the cool nicknacs on the walls. Thanks woodland and i recommend this place!!

Hey BassAkwards,

Thanks for the nice comments! Is this Andy?

What a beautiful weekend for the opener. How can you go wrong, with weather like we had? A couple of our groups got into the walleye pretty good. I think the big 'eye was a 23" caught in the middle of the afternoon in the reeds about 6 fow. Go figure. confused.gif

Best luck was sunset and later off Reinharts Point and on some of the shallower flats.

My son and I had our chance last night, and did well from about 9 to 10pm (he had school today, so we had to head in) We caought 7 'eyes during the "powerhour", took a few home.

He had the big eye at about 19". We caught them all in 5 fow and less.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Good Luck,

Steve

Hey no problem about the comments, great place. no this isnt andy, but he had a great time also. Thanks again.

have to agree with you. we stayed on cabin 4 "The Big One" over opener for the second year in a row. the weather was much better this year along with the fishing. but with the great accomidations and the "night life" in the area the fishing doesn't matter. although we did catch a few eyes and tons of bass and perch. i would fully recommend Woodland resort to anyone big or small party. We are going back next year!!!!! thanks for the great opener!!!! cabin #4

Thanks fishing nurse! We have enjoyed having you guys here the last couple of years!

The walleye are still hanging right where you found them over the weekend. We are getting them on cranks and plastics, right after sunset.

Thanks again for the nice comments!

Have a nice summer,

Steve

And where might that be i am on the lake also and have stayed at woodland great place but i had no luck on the fish. Any help would be great

Hey crop,

When did you stay with us?

Shoot me an email and I will try to help with some location or techniques!

woodland(at)vacationminnesota((Contact Us Please))com or from our web site which is www((Contact Us Please))vacationminnesota((Contact Us Please))com

Steve