• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre requests trade

james_walleye

Its all over ESPN that following the NFL draft that Brett Favre requested a trade. I guess he doesnt want too be the QB of the packers as much as the fans want him too. I think its rather hilarious.

Old news. He was talked out of it with in a few hours. He was upset because Packers didn't go after Moss. He also was not to happy with the Packers draft. He is back in the fold again.

Golly, i thought the packers organization owed it too the legend too do what Brett wanted. Oh thats right, its the media that thinks the packers organization owns Brett the world.

once again the world revolves around brett favre this will thankfully be the last year to hear about this washed up quarterback I wonder how his life partner john madden is taking the news about him wanting out of green bay I hope everything works out madden and favre make a cute couple

I think if favre tried out for the vikes, he would end up as the starter! frown.gif

Hey vikingsfreak, just because the queens suck doesn't mean you have to attack Favre.At least he has had Many a great season, and with a decent receiver core he could easily be great again.

Alot of QB's could be great with a great recieving core.

All you Viking fans would welcome Favre in with open arms, just like us Packer fans would have welcomed in Moss. The reason you have such a hard time admitting it is because YOU DON'T HAVE HIM!!!!

And

Quote:

Alot of QB's could be great with a great recieving core.

Not true, but a nice way to justify your feelings about how "mediocore" the greatest quarterback of all time is. How are the Lions doing by the way? Sending any quarterbacks to the pro bowl? Not any time soon!

MNVikingsfreak, not even you would take T. Jackson over Favre, you would have to be completly nuts to say that!

GO PACK GO!

Quote:

Not true, but a nice way to justify your feelings about how "mediocore" the greatest quarterback of all time is.

Favre is good but far from the greatest QB of all time. In fact he has never been the greatest QB currently playing in his whole career. Don't get me wrong he is good. But not the best.

Yeah, I'll bet Tom Brady would have been asking to be traded to Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, or the Vikes if they had passed on Randy Moss.

kidding of course, but in all honesty, if Chili Pepper had passed on the chance to get Randy back in Purple, well...I bet he wouldn't be Coach right now.

Oh, ok, so maybe not that either, but I know I'd be one mad mother trucker if we could get Randy and didn't.

I'd trade Favre.

And I'd take Favre and Randy on one team any day.

I also dream of the day that Peyton Manning is the QB of the Vikes in a 4 wide set of Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Steve Smith, and Reggie Wayne while L.T. stands in the backfield.

Who says offense can't win games?????

It was just his annual "I'm not sure if I want to play anymore" speal. He does this every year, fueling rumors about retiring, etc. Although this one was a real slap in the face here in Packerland.

Quote:

Favre is good but far from the greatest QB of all time. In fact he has never been the greatest QB currently playing in his whole career. Don't get me wrong he is good. But not the best.

YOU"VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!! Please tell me who is better than him in his career....Peyton? John "horse toothed ja#&#$s" Elway? Marino? Favre is set to break 4 records this year that Marino has held for how long? You made a bold statement, what on earth do you have to back that up?

I never said favre wasnt good he is just way overrated when he throws into triple coverage and get picked off the announcers say "brett favre is a risk taker" and when he throws another int and the closest wr is 10 yards down the field madden says "I'll take that gunslinger anytime" I think it's pretty funny how favre was so upset about not getting randy he even said he would give up 3 million off his contract to get moss well 3 years ago favre coundn't stand moss and said the packers are too much of a classy team to have a player like moss times have changed I guess lets all look into the future of great qb's like manning,brady,brees,palmer,mcnabb and yes the vikes qb jackson sucks!

Quote:

You made a bold statement, what on earth do you have to back that up?

HE IS A PACKER.

I'm so sick of hearing how favre is going to retire every year, just shut up and play or quit. Quite honestly I'ld like him to stay, he throws away a lot of games with his passing decision. I do give the Packers some kudos for drafting the player they wanted this year instead of somebody favre thought would help him out. He's selfish (all what is good for him not the best interest of team future) and has held the organization back. But hey, stay, gotta be more picks for td's in that rag. I'm one who wouldn't want to see him in a vikes uniform, to demanding and thinks his opinion really means something. I know my opinion doesn't mean anything, had to spit it out anyway. Stay another five Brett you'll really kill the pack then.

IMO QB rankings are

1. Joe Montana

2. Dan Marino

3. John Elway

Favre is in the top 10 until Peyton and Brady finish up their careers then he will problably move out. Records are one thing but when you play more games at QB then anyone ever has you should hold some records. With that being said to still be in the top ten is excellent compared to all the QB's who have ever played the game. If they babied QB's like they do now back in the day and had the technology to keep players playing I would say some of the QB's back in the day would be the greatest of all time.

Kurt Warner hold a few records and is in the top 3 of some others does that make him great? I wouldn't even put him in the top 20....maybe 50. Favre probably holds the record for some of the stupidest throws ever also.

I could uderstand why the Pack wanted Moss. He's caught more touchdowns in Lambeau than 75% of the Packer Receivers of the last 10 years. I myself would not welcome Favre with open arms as you cheese lovers have said. I am just now starting to accept Longwell. Favre is the enemy. I suppose you Pack lovers would of welcomed Tarkington after all those years of kicking your booty...if you do you're not true fans!!!!!!!!!!! Favre is whining as usual, I am sure they gave him another $100,000 to take back his statements about wanting to be traded

Quote:

could uderstand why the Pack wanted Moss. He's caught more touchdowns in Lambeau than 75% of the Packer Receivers of the last 10 years.

I enjoyed that one grin.gif

I think Favre is good enough to lead a strong team of receivers deep into that playoffs and I agree with his comments that Driver, Jennings and Moss would have been a great 3 receiver spread.

I hate Elway with a passion, but Favre reminds me of him at the end of his career. The difference is the Broncos went out and made him better so he could win, plain and simple. Favre feels that the Pack are not doing that for him. It is a justifiable gripe. Would I want to see him go.....HELL NO.....but I understand his complaint.

Favre is in the top 5 easy!

I think its funny how we are seeing the best quarterback in the history of the NFL play, right now, and no one is relishing the opportunity. By all accounts, Peyton Manning is the sharpest, smartest, most gifted quarterback we have ever seen, and I gotta say, watching him play is a treat. Favre may have had that for about 3 seasons, but thats it. Montana has rings, Elway has mistique, Marino has stats, but when its all over, Manning will have the whole package.

Manning has a heck of a team for now. Let's see what happens when the rest of the team goes away? If it wasn't for Favre, the Packers last few years would have been as bad as the Viqueens.I say enjoy watching a legend while you can as this will be his last year.

So....your telling me its not true that alot of mediocre QB's out there couldnt be great with a great recieving core? Just the one and only Brett Favre huh. Yeah thats not biased. At no point in Brett Favres career could he hold Peyton Mannings jockstrap. And if you wanna start making the arguement that up until this point Manning didnt show up in big games than lets take a good look at about the last 10 years of Favres career. Really, his whole career but 1 year. It all started when his packers were double digit favorites in the superbowl and John Elway who you have slammed took it home. Elway shined, not Favre. And lets talk about 6 INT's against the Rams. And lets talk about Micheal "big time over rated" Vick coming into Lambeau and beating the packers. And lets talk about just 2 years ago when the vikings marched into Lambeau and took it too the packers after the packer swept the regular season. When is the last time Favre hoisted his team on his shoulders and took them home. Its been more likely that hes been the reason for losses than big game wins. And this is with teams going into the playoffs that alot of people thought could win the superbowl, and he choked bigger than life. There is nothing here that is opinion either. This all really did happen. I know shiner you probably only remember the game he played against the patriots, but all this other stuff did happen. Plain and simple, he was the QB of some highly skilled teams that fell waaaaay short of where they should have gone and he was the direct reason.

And yeah i would take Favre this year. Hes better than what the vikings have. But that isnt saying much because most teams have a QB better than what the vikings have. I dont see any viking fan saying any different.

And if you think im just some biased viking fan that just hates the pack and thats all there is too it, than you can think again. I think they've had some of the biggest choke job rediclulous losses in the hisory of the NFL. Atlanta was a joke. 41-donut even worse. I wont try too tell you any different. And this coming season if the packers dont sweep the vikes than something is really wrong because they have the better squad as of now.

James, it sounds like you have had that locked up inside for a long time......

Quote:

And lets talk about Micheal "big time over rated" Vick coming into Lambeau and beating the packers.

......If you want to talk about the Falcons beating someone, let's talk about 1998....or maybe you've blocked that out of you mind. I believe the loss you are referring to was in the regular season, I believe the one I was talking about was the NFC Championship.....oh well, I'm off track we are talking about Favre.

As far as the Vikqueens "marching" into Lambeau and taking it to us, that happens almost every year, then we turn around and take one in the Metrodome.....or one team sweeps the other......if that didn't happen, it wouldn't be a rivalry and it wouldn't be wasting my time right now. (Actually not a waste of time, cause this is fun grin.gif)

You (Vikings) should have beat us this year....but you didn't....even in the Metrodome....do you think that was because of our amazingly talented team? No, it was because of Brett....he is a leader and IS one of the best QB's of all time.....I don't knock Peyton, never have never will....the only reason I call Elway a "horse toothed J*#ka&s" is because I lived in CO for a few years and those fans are unbelievable and it gets them going (like it did you)........more later.

GO PACK GO!

That wasn't the Falcons beating the Vikings. That was Anderson missing a FG to lose the game.

shiner2367.....straight from nfl.....michael vick The 22-year-old improvisational genius led the Atlanta Falcons to a shocking 27-7 upset of the Packers in a wild-card playoff before a record crowd of 65,358 stunned souls.

"We were underdogs. We wanted to show 'em we had the potential to come out and make history," Vick said after his first NFL playoff game.

The Packers (12-5) were the only team to go unbeaten at home during the regular season. And they had never lost a home playoff game since the NFL instituted a postseason in 1933 in going 13-0 -- 11 of the victories coming at Lambeau and two more in Milwaukee.

"That's what we were talking about all week, the winning streak in the playoffs. It had to come to an end," Vick said.

The closest the Packers had come to losing in the land of Lombardi was on New Year's Eve 1967, when Bart Starr knifed into the end zone with 13 seconds left to give Green Bay a 21-17 victory against Dallas in the coldest game in NFL history.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

wow packer fans still remember the 98 vikings thats 9 years ago they must of meant something to them if they keep bringing them up in every packer vikes discussion and yes we have no superbowl rings I think everythings covered now

Oh that Falcons game...........I blocked that out of my memory a LONG time ago grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

That falcons game was a turning point for me. I was as big of a viking fan as one could be, then they choked. I just started to getting back into them again, then they played the giants a couple years later, I dont even have a coment for that one. Im still a fan, but I think they will need to win a super bowl to get me to be the fan I was.

Ok back on the main topic....

Favre I think in the day brett was the best qb in the game, for a couple years. He would force things to happen, and throw some interceptions, but if you dont take risks you will not get anywhere. More times then not favre would come from behind and make the game interesting anyhow..

But.. That was a few years ago, he is at best now a good back up, or mentor for a rookie starter. To use his gift he has now, he should be on the sidelines teaching the rookie qb how to play. But his ego wont allow that. So I would give him the boot.

I've said this before. Darn near half his TD's in his good ole days were play action TE pretends to fall over Defense overplays the run Farve throws to a wide open uncovered sneaky TE. (MY sister could make that throw)

And his "greatest, guttiest, best MNF game ever" after his dad's passing. He played horrible, all his throws were way off mark. But, his "so called" mediocre recievers made unbelievable plays.

And I think Farve would be a horrible teacher to a rookie. His best asset is his rocket cannon arm. Which by the way he'd average 40 int's a year if DB's could catch like WR's. I've seen so many DB's that can't handle the fastball its rediculous. To sum it up, Farve has padded stats and is way over-rated, as well as lucky on many occasions.