• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey guys im new to fishing in rochester and was wondering where the popular fishing spots are, i know of foster and quarry hill thats about it. I am looking for the northerns mainly right now until bass opener smile.gifthanks

nate

welcome to rochester dwello09!!! although I'm not new to rochester, I am new to fishing around here too, you can try anywhere on the ole miss or might have some luck at lake zumbro. if ya ever want a fishing partner or tag along give me a holler. good fishing!!!

As stated by MrFish, the Mississippi Backwaters near Wabasha are a safe bet for northerns. There are also quite a few Northerns in Lake Zumbro, just north of Rochester. Welcome to FM!

dwello09,

Welcome to Rochester and FM. Right now I would recommend the backwaters near Wabasha for northerns. May seems to be a pretty good month for the northerns over there. Lake Zumbro would be a good option to if you don't want to take the drive. Just a word of caution if you do fish Zumbro. You will probably want to be careful what type of set up you are using when fishing. Zumbro also has a muskie population and there are people out there who will fish waters with both early saying they are "fishing for pike", but are really targeting muskies. Downsize the presentation and gear a bit and you shouldn't have any problems. Just don't want to cause any uneasy coversations with the CO for you.

Andy

The Zumbro River below the Silver Lake dam is another option for pike. Anywhere on the Zumbro River in fact. The Root River is another choice. We hit small pike down there a few weeks ago while fishing for suckers.

Welcome to Rochester and FishingMinnesota.

Your very best bet is the MS backwaters near wabasha in my opinion. I'll be getting out there very soon to check things out.