• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lakes

ok, I've been to odowd chain of lakes, steiger, waconia, crystal,all with good results for sunnies, now that the opener has come I want to fish for the big stuff. I fish from shore so, any advice on what to use for lures or live bait would be great. like I said in my first post I'm just getting back into fishing after about a 10 year hiatus and starting to learn from scratch again, so, I appreciate the help, good fishing!!!

Bass and pike fishing on Steiger is pretty good, I've caught a few nice largmouth and 20"-25" Pike from the fishing dock. Try a perch X-Rap, yellow spoon with red diamonds, or I've done good with a Fat Rap in the crawfish color... Waconia's south shore around the marina and the old public access is great for Carppie this time of year, just use a hook bober and a small crappie minnow... Good Fishing!!!

thanks for the advice!! I'll keep all that in mind. a friend of mine and I have gone to steiger a couple times and haven't gotten a thing, but I'll try these to hopfully turn the luck around. good fishing!!!