• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Opening Day SUCCESS

Just got back from fishing Kab this morning for the walleye opener. Lots of fish caught. We caught 8 fish over 20in between two of us. It was a great time!!! Hope everyone is having a safe opener and had half as much fun as I did this morning. Cheers!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Great to hear dock boy. i'll get my crack at em in a few weeks. when you get a chance, a few more details would be nice. where, when, how?

thanks, cw

We fished for northerns with artificial all day and the fish were pretty sluggish. Lots of lazy follows...seen 2 or 3 10lb plus fish, the rest were all under that. Big change from fall when they hit a lure 5 times in a row!@

I wont be up till middle of june..WE know the pattern will change to deeper water by then.Just interested where you caught these larger walleyes and your most successfull pattern you used.When I used to live in mn. early in may, we often caught walleye in 6 feet of water,on lake kabetogama.

Jigs and minnow, green, purple did the best for us. 8-10 ft of water.

I was feeling pretty good about a 22 1/2, 19+ and a 16 1/2 until our friends came in with 13 keepers. They were fishing shallow at dusk using a jig and a minnow. They said they changed color often and made sure their minnow was lively. We caught ours during the day using traditional walleye tactics. Sunday we did not get even a nibble.

Dock Boy, were you one of the guys I met last summer working at Sandy Point Resort in July? HTB

You ever work that slow slope on the back current behind Moxie?I parked a houseboat there once & drilled them for 3 days straight on crawlers.

I also did good there on Namikan in Old Dutch bay .Pigs Island treated me pretty good too.