• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Was just wanting some info about the week after opener. I have a brother planning on coming up next wednesday and thursday and was wondering how spooky the eyes are after the busy weekend on the lakes around the Mankato area. And if they are spooky and finicky, any tips anyone can give me too better our chances would help alot. Thanks Duane

I wouldn't worry about the fish being spooked. Weather changes would have a bigger effect on them.

I wouldn't worry about the pressure either, things should just be warming up and midweek is usually better than the actual weekend, fish shallow. Inside and outside of the weedlines, some lakes the tops are already showing up, good luck, they might hit leeches with the warm weather we have been having, so I would bring both minnows and leeches, try trolling cranks along the weedlines till you find them, and then pitch jigs in that area,