• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Marine Lk

Has anyone been fishing for crappies on BM and having any luck? HTB

I have fished Big Marine on the opener for the past 5 years. I usually go on the west shore, near the Disabled Veterans Rest Camp (Nice place to launch if you are a vet, only a 5.00 launch fee and you can park right at the launch.) Work south along the shore to the channel into the bay. I can usually limit on crappies all over the 1 lb size.

Patriot, do you mean from the Vets. to just past Shady Birch Resort? I've never tried that area, and I grew up on that lake back in the day, but we did pick up a few by the GS camp today but had more bites from snot rockets and grass carp. HTB

Thats the one. I start out at the tip of the hook, the point just north and east of the camp. Work back through that little cove and then south along past the camp, run about 100 yds or less from shore. You'll see more action in the cabbage between the Vets Camp and the old Shady Birch area.

What are the crappies biting on? I might head out to Big Marine this weekend.

Hit BM this morning. Didn't make it down to the areas you both were talking about, but fished the west edge on the northern tip of the lake and didn't catch anything but a weenie smallmouth. Fished Fuzzy Grubs, Gypsie Tails & Mepps Spinners tipped with minnows.