• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Leech's and Bait for opener???

Hey guys/gals,

I'm thinking about hitting ML's for opener and wonder if I should purchase any leechs to go along with my shiners and fat heads??? My main question is does S&W have good leeches now and/or is it still to cold to fish with them yet? I love leeches because they keep way better than any minnow. WalleyeDan any advise from you is always welcome!!!

Thanks,

Meat-Run smile.gif

Leech Run,

I just phoned Sherree at S&W Bait for the latest of the latest leech reports. She has a good supply. But.......people are coming from as far away as St. Cloud to get leeches. That might tell you something about the supply around the state. I would say that leeches will be a good bet on opener, but I will be using minnows for starters. I can keep you posted on here as well as my site for up to date bait/fish reports. The excitement is building and the cotton is falling!

Have a good day,

Walleyedan

I would say S&W has some of the best leeches in the state and all their bait for that matter.

Does S&W sell it by the pound if so how much. I know, I know I should just give them a call but its just more fun to talk about it here. You know to fuel the fire!!!

Walleye-Run wink.gifwink.gif

Meat-"Walleye"-Run,

So what time are we leavin? grin.gifgrin.gif

CA

Depends when you get out of the dentist's chair. grin.gif

How does 5am work and did you get a pass from the little lady and is it for the whole day??? (how far does your leash go?)

mr

Leech Run,

I was in there a couple of hours ago and there is a nice supply. The ligit JUMBOS are not going by the pound (by the dozen) at this time but the large/xlarge are, didn't ask how much. I don't use them a lot on opener, but of course you have to have them. The rest of her bait supply is looking very good. You can sense the anticipation already, Nick Adams (Lindy) was in getting some crop eye minnows when I was there. Pretty neat to see a guy like that still rarin' to go after those fish. Oh, by the way S&W now has surround sound! Come check it out!!

Walleyedan

"Oh, by the way S&W now has surround sound! Come check it out!!"

Oh boy what more can a guy ask for while dropping $50 for bait for one weekend, surround sound!?!? Now I know why bait is so expensive.

j/k tongue.giftongue.gif

leech-run grin.gif

Hi Guys, Just letting everyone know that the leech supply is pretty good up here in Nisswa. We got a few in last week, a few more this morning, and a bunch are coming in Thur-Friday. They look pretty nice too. Our leech trapper is one of the best, he always keeps us full even when other shops are lacking. Stop by and check them out, they are professionally trained just for them Mille Lacs walleyes.

Jason Erlandson

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the help. Word on the street though is S&W has there leeches on the "juice" pumped up and ready for the Mille Lacs walleyes.

wink.gif

Just got back from fishing all day. Yep, I have a serious sunburn. Stopped by S&W to give them the report and I was advised that they have 500 pounds of leeches. That should probably do the trick. And she is selling jumbos by the pounds.

p.s. Crappies were quite active.

Walleyedan