• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is there any way to repair a transducer cable? I bought a boat and the transducer line was cut, and it would work sometimes but now it doesn't work at all, I noticed it yesterday and messed around with it and made it worse. It's cut completely now, is there any way to splice them together?

Ya what kind. I maybe have one from a locater that took a crap. You maybe could solder it if you were a good steady hand.

sometimes some electrical companys and slice the wire.. But I don't know what the results from it are? what kind of locater is it?

Most likely it is a coaxial cable - you'll be best off just buying a new one.

Yeah it's a older one, humminbird LCR 4000, but it's not like I got a couple hundred bucks layin around to buy a new one. I got some tips that might help me, I mean hell wy not give it a shot. I was gonna last night but I had to help an older guy by South Twin drop a 60 foot spruce that got hung up in his White Pines from that nasty storm Sunday. I'm gonna try to splice tonight. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks

call reeds in walker. Had issues with our transducer/unit and they sent one it wasn't the problem and we sent it back and they credited us back everything. Tell them model and they will send you the right one. Nice guys up there.