• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rose Lake Fishing Reports

will let u know the temp fdog bak2mn if you head to rose today i'm in a red lund.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hawghunter001

• pan man

• Code-Man

• bak2MN

The average temp is 45. The warmest I found was 47 and it wasn't in the arm.

Our fishing league fishes tonight on Rose. I have never even seen the lake. Just getting a couple quick tips before we start tonight at 6 . Would a person fish out in front of the river inlet? What depths would a person target? Are there any hazards to watch out for?

Thanks in advance....

So threeway how did you do on you league on rose lake? The wife and I are going up there this weekend for the first time. Can you give us any tips? Were should we start we are looking for pan fish.

Thanks in advance...

• 4 weeks later...

anyone been there and haveing any luck? Is this lake like Big C fishing only at night, because of its clarity or can you catch them during the day? Any input would be great.

One problem I have noticed about fishing Rose at night is the fact that the landing doesnt have a light and trying to find it through the cattails wasnt much fun.

GPS is a mans best friend or astro start. Point your truck towards the lake at all and click it on. atleast gives you some light walking up the hill. I've only fished it with a GPS and I have it marked where the straight on shot is for going through the weeds.

Well I didnt ask for the info on the landing but thanks for the info. I didnt realize that it got that weedy around the landing. The question was is it a night bite or can you catch them during the day? Anyone? Panman do you have any open water info? How have you been doing? Getting any fishing done?

you can catch eyes during the day but the bite gets alot better during low light periods. lately I have been finding them on the deep weedlines

Try the East side north of Hanson's place on that big point. Come over in the day mark it with a marker and throw jigs and leaches into the deep and drag it shallow or set up out deep and slip bobber the edge. Good way to fish it. Also on the west edge south of the access where the weed line stops there is a rocky spot in there. Heard that's a good night spot. Also the island is pretty good.

Watch your graph. I'd start deep 30/40 and work towards the weed line. I know during the winter we aim for 20/15 so gives you some points of interest. It's a good lake for norts my biggest nort in the united states came off of that lake.

hey bak2mn i have been after the kitties alot going to fish for some trout with the boys sun and try to find some smallie action. fished rose a caouple of times have found eyes off the east shore in 25 to 30 ft of water jiggin. but havn't been there since the water temp has come up. hope it helps

Fished rose this last week with my 2 boys. Tried the Walleye thing for about an hour (8:30am-9:30am) with no luck. Boys got sick of that so we went in for some pan fish. Got into them pretty good. Ended up catching 20 or more. we were even able to keep a few for the fryin pan.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a quick question for the locals...

When is the normal night bite window up there?

is it right after sunset or is it worth while to stay out pretty late to get some eyes?

Going to be going out for 3 nights starting on the 23rd. First time that I get to fish water that is 15+ water clarity. Maybe having no moon will be a blessing.

opinions?

Hi Roch,

On any given night, the fish will tell you when the window is. Some nights they are biting well before dark, and when full dark comes they shut off. Other nights they start right at dusk and you get a 1/2 hour window, and other nights you get nothing until full dark or after, then they start up. If you're on vacation, why not plan to stay out til midnight or later. Sometimes Midnight is when they really start snapping.

Each lake is different some pick up during the day some wont start till dusk. just depends on each lake.

My Recipe For night Fishing: Sleep till noon, hit the water by 8:30PM and start searching and fish until 1AM. Rinse and repeat!

For what it is worth we will be hitting up Rose for the night fishing.

The plan so far is to first try jigging, then slip bobber, and if all else fails go trolling.

The trolling just makes me a bit nervous since I do not know the lake and would hate to ding up my prop.

Hi Roch, Fishermatt is right the bite time can and does change from night to night. One things I have found however is when the lake has been busy during the day, which most of the larger lakes are right now the bite seems to be late. This time of year if I am night fishing I will not hit the water untill midnight and fish untill the first lark sings in the morning. I think the lakes settles down for a couple hours and then the fish move shallow. I prefer shallow running cranks in 4 to 10 foot of water. I also like casting docks with #11 silver floating raps Good luck

I fish a lot at night as well, and if you are truly wanting to fish all night, I would say, hit the water 10pm or later. Fishing in 7-15ft of water. I have noticed over the years, that most of the time the fish are done biting by 3-4 in the morning, and then pick up again at first light. So on a calm night if I fell up to more, I will anchor up in the shallows, sleep for an hour or 2, then hit sun up till I can see straight anymore then go home.

Good luck.

Rose is easy one to night fish. East point or west side south of access just anchor out deep and cast jigs up shallow and fish the break or throw slip bobbers out and drag it back till it's at the right depth. Rose is a nice lake to night fish. Just make sure you know where your going for either the access or a dock and you shouldn't have to worry about anything in between just stay out of the weeds and you'll be just fine. If you get out there early find the island and jig that.

Hey guys I am heading up to Rose Lake the last week of auguest. I was just wondering if anyone would have any tips or suggestions about that lake. I don't want to know anyone's "special spots". Thanks

smilee_54,

I have relatives that live on Rose so here is what I can help with or guide you to. what is your intended species and/or what do you like to target. The walleye fishing can be tough on this lake because it is very clear and deep so fish early and late with leeches or crawlers. Panfishing is good in the area we call the "back rose bay" it's to the south end and shallower than most of the lake and you can target just about anything you want and generally get out of the wind. Bass, pike, panfish, and even walleyes. There is good structure in most of the lake and i have been wanting to give this a try but in mid summer lakes like Rose can produce huge walleyes suspended over the deep water pulling cranks so give that a try if your into trolling and/or have a boat full of people you don't want people casting a lot of lures over your head. Good luck!

mr

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever tried spoons deep on Rose or any other area lakes?

I know this is not that popular around here but it seems like it could work.

• 5 months later...

heading out there tomorrow try to find some more of them bigg sunnies i found the last time will let you guys know how i do. anyone heard what the ice conditions are on rose?

if your going out on rose i dont know how the ice conditions are but go into that bay that the dnr fences off in the summer theres some big crapies in there

well ended up with a couple of sunnies and landed six eyes arround a pound that i told to grow up and let go just catching fish is fun.

• 1 month later...

I know you frequent Rose some. Have you been there lately and was anybody down the south arm?